“Waste of time” 2 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Private Half-Day Tanjung Rhu Beach and Mangrove Forest Boat Tour in Langkawi...
Ranked #6 of 88 things to do in Langkawi
Kuching, Malaysia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Waste of time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Drive all the way up to visit this beach, but little we know it was guarded. Before entry we were stopped by a guard that handed a long list of dont's. The public place is so small & was full of tour operators. We're not interested to even step out from the car & leave immediately

• Arabic first
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A quiet beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

away from the hustle bustle of some famous beaches like Pantai Cenang, this place offers you sometime to relax quietly and you can even take a boat to explore the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park. The boats here are relatively cheaper from other places.

1 Thank Vishrutta
Guangzhou, China
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“It was a part of our Kilim Geoforest Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

The beach is really peaceful and quiet. If you want to enjoy the quiet place, you should go there. It is next to a 5-star hotel. But you do not have to stay in a hotel to have it all for you for free)) I read the reviews that part of the beach was occupied by the hotel and did not let other people there. I walked through all the area. I did not see any border. The water color is the same that you see in the pictures of most of the travellers. I was not impressed by the color of the water, it's kind of greenish. There are 5 times more beautiful beaches on this Planet. Hope my review can be helpful for you!
P.S. I am not really sure whether all Kilim Geoforest travellers are taken to this beach. You should clarify before you go. I found out that we were supposed to go to some other beach but there were too many people so the tour operator took us to this wonderful place.
I actually came to Langkawi to enjoy the quiet island. Though, I went during the peak season, I still got what I wanted. This beach is peaceful.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Julia Y
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“It was Deserted when we arrived at Noon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had the entire beach to ourselves, but later in the afternoon, more people started arriving.

The water is very salty. The Speedboats who will give you an Island Hopping Tour, are only available for 3 hours for something like RM300 (for 6 people). We wanted a half-hour ride which they wouldn't consider.

1 Thank Adam S
Kuala Lumpur
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beware of jellyfish and stingrays when at the beach !!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was there in the evening for a swim today on the part of the beach where boats from island hopping trips would land. Within less than 30seconds, while at the edge of the water I felt an electrifying sharp pain on my wrists. Pulling my hand out I found out that I had been stung by a jellyfish as there were still tentacles wrapped around my arm. Luckily the locals poured vinegar over the infected area. Just within minutes it has begun to swell. I went to the nearby government clinic and was given quick treatment. I was told that the Tanjung Rhu beach area is known to have reports of jellyfish and stingrays attack (which is worst) especially during the middle of the year. So please be careful, as for my case the jellyfish was transparent and not easily detected. Mine was not lethal but it sure hurts as hell !

2 Thank OpenMinds