“It was Deserted when we arrived at Noon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tanjung Rhu Beach

Tanjung Rhu Beach
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Private Half-Day Tanjung Rhu Beach and Mangrove Forest Boat Tour in Langkawi...
Ranked #6 of 90 things to do in Langkawi
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“It was Deserted when we arrived at Noon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had the entire beach to ourselves, but later in the afternoon, more people started arriving.

The water is very salty. The Speedboats who will give you an Island Hopping Tour, are only available for 3 hours for something like RM300 (for 6 people). We wanted a half-hour ride which they wouldn't consider.

1 Thank Adam S

• Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beware of jellyfish and stingrays when at the beach !!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was there in the evening for a swim today on the part of the beach where boats from island hopping trips would land. Within less than 30seconds, while at the edge of the water I felt an electrifying sharp pain on my wrists. Pulling my hand out I found out that I had been stung by a jellyfish as there were still tentacles wrapped around my arm. Luckily the locals poured vinegar over the infected area. Just within minutes it has begun to swell. I went to the nearby government clinic and was given quick treatment. I was told that the Tanjung Rhu beach area is known to have reports of jellyfish and stingrays attack (which is worst) especially during the middle of the year. So please be careful, as for my case the jellyfish was transparent and not easily detected. Mine was not lethal but it sure hurts as hell !

2 Thank OpenMinds
Lisbon, Portugal
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Tanjung Rhu Beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We visit this place in 2011 Agust.
Beach located on the North coast of Langkawi.
In front of this beach are some rocks that enrich the view.
However, we like more the Datai beach which lies West of that.
We got the idea that water sometimes might not be the best because there is a river that flows on the beach and could bring some sediments and turn this not so clear.

Visited June 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful private beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

It's a private beach, with very white sandy beach. I just went there for a walk and taking photos. The hotel is super expensive for me. They keep limit people to go to the beach to protect this place. It's lovely, i will go there everytime i go to Langkawi

Visited October 2013
1 Thank HunnyDeww
Penang Island, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“clean beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Beach are cleaner than cenang beach a lots. However, there are less toilet and cloth changing room provided along the beach, quite inconvenient and disappointed.

1 Thank jimmyi92