Langkawi Lagoon Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Smith House(Padang Mat Sirat)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate beachswimming poolclose to the airportwater chaletown transportroom was spaciousnice resortthe main hotelexplore the islandpantai cenangkitchenettebuggyhoneymoonjellyfish
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Ok we had a nice sea view room on the top floor, and the pool was practically empty until very late in the afternoon. Those were the good bits.

The room was not worth £85 per night, tired dated furniture, stained sheets, blood and what looked like mucus on the actual duvet and no information on hotel amenities and opening times provided at all - we had to ask about everything. But beware this is Malaysia were you ask closed questions at your own risk. For example, Q) "can I park here?" A) "No."
You will not get an answer like "No, but you could park over there."

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Except for the mosquito-problem, the stay was good. Staff was nice. Hotel is spread across a well maintained area. Private beach is good. You need to hire a car to go around, which you can get in the hotel itself.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AshishInd
Reviewed February 26, 2013

we had our suite in the sea village...it was beautiful..right from the receptionist to gatekeeper, bell boys and other helpers around were just so humble and helpful they never let us down...breakfast was delicious with so many options and different kind of food..i loved our room..the swimmin pool was amazing..specially the pool bar serves very good snacks and drinks..they private beach is also nice and so is the beach bar..i would advice everyone to go to langkawi lagoon sea village if u wanna get away frm city life and relax with ur partner or family..

Room Tip: sea village...everyone should visit!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fatemahusein
Reviewed February 24, 2013

No DVD player tv broke totally after a few days with only a few channels

No assistance with booking any tours or sight seeing.

No ATM

Constantly ran out of hot water - did not have 1 fully hot shower the whole time I was there

Charged the earth for drinking water

Looks nothing like the photos. Old and run down

Aircon in bedroom either Antarctic or boiling

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Charley B
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Terrible terrible experience with this hotels. Worst hotels ever among many that i have stayed, and readers who intended to reserve please take note. I will list and share my experience:

1. They did not have one of my Villa suit ready when checking in at 5pm. The booking was not in their system and they did not give a reason when asked why, the receptionists and workers were very protective of themselves and refused to converse more. We waited till 6pm to get it, and NO apology or any sort of compensation was given, totally unprofessional.

2. The receptionists were inefficient and slow, and irresponsive. 4 people behind the desk and only one was doing work. When i called for service, one of them literally saw me and turn around and walk away. How about that from a hotel reception desk?

3. Welcome drink servant was so slowwww, we did not have our welcome drink after getting some of our keys. We have to sit in lobby and wait for it!

4. The kettle was spoilt, and the kitchen florescent light was not installed. They dont seem to have a maintenance list. We had to call for room service and waited 30 mins for someone to come over.

5. In swimming pool, when we asked for 3 towels (instead of the standard 2 towels) for our kid, the pool keeper named Saad gave a very bad attitude and rudely lectured me with his so-called rules. I was so pissed with his bad attitude that i threw back one of his towels. What's the big deal with an extra towel, why all the fuss? I had not even started with him on me getting our room late!

6. Guess what, even the room service ladies are bad too. We requested for another 2 bottles of drinking water the next day, the lady had 4 in her trolly. She reluctantly gave us one and lied to us that she had no more. If we want more we need to pay RM8 per bottle!! What a rip off, isn't it common for hotel room to supply 2 bottles of water each day? And yet it was drinking water, not even mineral water.

7. On the plus side, the food of buffet dinner and breakfast was good. The waitresses at buffet dinner were friendly, i am giving them the credits for that. But that's the only 10% positve of the whole trip, my trip was basically ruined by their overall terrible service.

8. Pricey at peak season. We had to pay USD200 for each room. I got myself 3 rooms at USD600 and decided that this was the biggest mistake of all time.

9. The room and facilities were old. Paints were peeling, no renovations, old rough woods. I can live with this if they provides good service, but they weren't, so this make the experience even more negative.

10. Beach were muddy and low tide all the time, don't expect to get a beach that you could swim.

And before you asked, no, i did not yell at them. In fact i tried to be nice to them. I noticed they seem to have better attitudes towards westerners, but that just goes to prove how bias they are in service against Asian or other guests.

My verdict? I agree with HumbleRyan's review, worst hotel ever. I strongly advise all guests to reconsider their booking with this hotel, there are many other hotels with better quality in Langkawi.

Room Tip: - Deluxe Sea view are not sea view. - Just avoid booking at this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family