Langkawi Lagoon Beach Resort
$177
$165
Westin.com
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$332
$110
$103
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
$308
$198
$195
$105
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate beachswimming poolclose to the airportown transportwater chaletroom was spaciousthe main hotelday bedexplore the islandpantai cenangwater sportscable carkitchenettebuggyjellyfishhoneymoon
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stay in this hotel for 3 night with my family 2 rooms Deluxe Studio Suite. The price it was brilliant through Booking.com, it was far from restaurants and shops, no shops around the hotel, best place for shops and Resturant is Pantai Chenang and taxi fare 27 RM from Lagoon to Pantai Chenang, with rent a car no problrpem.

Very small beach and no beach activities,  breakfast was good, not alot of variety.
Most of the staff are friendly. Laundry was very cheap.. Nice place for jugging around the hotel... My room was very noisy because of air compressor running all the time  beside the room.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The people at the front desk were a bit slow and check in took a while and the whole pay everything before you check in deal was a bit uncomfortable, but then we were taken by the golf carts to the villas and I remember looking at my husband and saying I'm pretty sure I made a sea view room reservation, which is what we paid for, conscience started screaming so we told the man who was driving us that he was making a mistake and for our surprise he said : "No sir you were upgraded, since you're honeymooners". The cottages were beautiful especially for sunrise, simply breathtaking. The place is beautiful and the staff were extremely friendly and the fact that it's quite made it perfect for the romantic get-away we had in mind. I loved langkawi and we would definitely stay there if we ever go back.
One think bothered me was the bats or insects, I really never figured out what they are, at the balcony. Once the sun sets you cant go out because the will attack you from everywhere but the beach is perfect for watching the sunset.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TokAlis
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Guess, A Honeymooner with 2 Single Bed-Who the hell can give - But, this hotel gave me. I noticed that ONLY before sleping @ night and upon inquiring, they said NO Availability. They shud hav informed this while Checking Inn. Beach is totally dryed up and upon inquiring, they said its Jelly fish season, so no Waves. [...] boring Ambiance and totally Un-Friendly staff. NO water activity to do and all sites and markets away from the Hotel. No TV channels worth watching.....What to do in this Resort - Keeping Guessing......

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GUEST1307
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights with family in early January. Admittedly, the weather was quite bad every single day which makes it difficult to enjoy the fun and atmosphere of a resort.

Before talking about the actual place, you should really consider the location first. This resort is located in a very quiet area, away from the 'touristy' parts of town. Indeed, it felt like I was in an area of the island that was quite abandoned. If you're looking for remoteness and peace & quiet, this place would suit you. If your priority lies in having close proximity to the shops, restaurants, and general tourist atmosphere, then stay away. This resort is also close to the airport, but not close enough that the sound of planes will worry you.

All in all, the experience here was satisfactory. I stayed in one of the rooms over the sea. The concept of having the rooms being out high on the water was very novel. From the outside, the buildings looked quite remarkable, but unfortunately, the interior did not match. The room we had, whilst clean enough, was clearly in need of a good renovation. The highlight of the room we had would be the balcony. We had one of the upstairs rooms with a balcony on the side of the entire building which meant we had both a sea, and a land/hill view. It's worth requesting a room like this if possible.

Service wasn't the greatest. The pool bar wasn't attended to enough as we'd like. But then again, not many people were in the pool at the time because it was semi-raining, and only crazy people like ourselves were still swimming! The pool itself was quite good. Buffet breakfast was a bit hit and miss. Some really delicious food, and some really mediocre ones. By the third morning breakfast I just stuck to what I knew was decent. I didn't really hang around the resort's beach. No one did really. The weather wasn't great beach weather. However, I must say that it was kept quite clean. There is a day spa service which was ok, but not outstanding.

All in all, the resort is ok. Given the price it is certainly quite a decent option if you don't want to fork out half a year's worth of pay to stay at a five-star resort at the other end of the island. A bit of love and care into the rooms would've made for a much better experience, which is sad given the potential of the place.

I'm looking through some photos right now, and it seems they've upgraded the rooms - it certainly looks much different to the one we had six months ago. Hopefully you get these sort of rooms, and not the old run-down ones we had.

Big tip for anyone going to Langkawi. HIRE A CAR. It makes everything so much more accessible, and you can cover the entire island in a day with your own transport.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Superted84
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Langkawi is an island that caters for differing classes of travellers, yet in each class the choices are wide and unique in each one's way. Whilst Langkawi accomodation is value for money, Langkawi Lagoon Resort is in the category that optimises what it has considering its location; easy access to the most touristic place yet manage to still be away from the maddening crowd. Food was good though not superb. Service friendly and satisfactory. Chalets are almost entirely of wood built on stilts, getting old and the maintenance did good job to make things work. Still it is ok

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends