“Awesome Place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langkawi
Pondok Keladi Guest House
Ranked #8 of 157 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Switzerland
“Awesome Place!”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

So I stayed here for a week in July. I was on my way between Bali and China and I needed a place to chill and plan my route in China. This place was great for that I had all the tranquillity I needed and the use of free wifi came in handy!

The room i stayed in was really cosy and the bed was probably one of the best beds I had slept in in a long time... Dee and Mark were great, they made me feel like I was at home and advised me always very correctly for good restaurants to eat at. The dogs were really friendly and a good laugh.

Overall I had a great time here and would recommend it to any one for its value for money, tranquillity and atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed here for 1 week in June with 2 friends however we wished we could have stayed longer. The owners Dee and Mark are very friendly and give the guest house a very relax atmosphere. The communal area is a great place to chill out in a read a book or socialise with other guests, all in all id highly recommend this guesthouse just try book early in advance as i know it fills up quickly. 5 out 5.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Leeds
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed here for 6 nights in July 2010 whilst traveling around SE Asia and thoroughly enjoyed my time in this area of Langkawi and at this guesthouse. The room was spotless and well equipped with a/c, fridge, h/c shower and very comfortable beds. The owners Dee and Marc were extremely welcoming and detailed all of activities on offer around Langkawi, including restaurants that were in-keeping with our taste. All recommendations were accurate and helped to make our time on the island stress free and relaxed in line with the Langkawi lifestyle!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Oxford
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Stayed here with my wife in July 2010 and had a wonderful time. Room was clean and well-specced, air-con and fan worked well, communal area was top notch and the pets were all very friendly too! Dee and Mark were wonderful hosts and really made our stay special - our stay here was one of our highlights of our 4 month trip. Thanks guys for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bremen
Reviewed June 30, 2010

RELAXING in Pondok is not a onetime experience I had, I come her for three Years already. For me this is the most easy accessible place for relaxing in Malaysia.
There are many places specially on Langkawi and most of them are more definately more in the center or closer to the beach located then Pondok. But for me that's Pondok's competitive advantage. Once arrived in the traditional Malay village in the tropical gardens of Malaysia's top Holiday destination. I can stay for days without spending a thought about the beach, even though it's only 10min to walk or 2 by bike, but what for. Hanging out in the central located community Hut with a small equiped kitchen during day time and going out to the nice little restaurants at night, gives me more exactly the distance I'm looking for while traveling through the Metropolitan Cities of Indonesia and Malaysia.
The 15 minutes walk at night helps to solve the bad conscious. For the information of those who might concern about walking alone at night time, the last three Years I've been staying here and walking home at night/early morning time. I never had a situation that made me feel uncomfortable as some people might think about Asia.
I'm looking forward to get back in September and can't wait to spend my last days before need to get back to normal life!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Holland
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed at Pondok Keladi for 5 days in may 2010 and realy, really love this place. Situated in a beautiful garden ,the 6 rooms are tastfully decorated and (kept) very clean. If you like a rest in the quietness of Langkawi's beautiful nature, this is the place to be. Very good and handy is the central area with the free use of WIFI (also in your room) and the large neat kitchen and things like bread, eggs, coffee ,thea and cooking utensils all included in the price. The Only disadvantage is that the location is a bit far from the beach /restaurant and shopping area but this is easily solved bij renting a bike,motorbike or car wich will be arranged by the nice and friendly owner for a pick up by car to the rental shop as soon as you arrive. If we ever come again to Langkawi, this will be our place!!!!!
Rosidi, Thanks voor everything!!!
Gijs and Yin - Holland

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I've stayed in Pondok Keladi many times over 2008-2009 and it's one of my favouraite places in Langkawi. A beautiful location which has a unique atmosphere of tranquility and hospitality. Staying here, you are in safe hands with Mark and Dee. They will always make a personal effort to ensure your stay on island is as pleasurable as possible, and do so in an unintrusive and genuine manner.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo