“I had the best time!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langkawi
Pondok Keladi Guest House
Ranked #7 of 159 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I spent nearly 10 days at Pondok Keladi, and found it absolutely perfect. It was everything i expected: beautiful, relaxed, close to the beach, lovely weather and helpful staff. I'd love to go back there one day. Thanks for everything Di.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SimonSydney007
There are newer reviews for Pondok Keladi Guest House

Reviewed June 7, 2009

My friends who travelled to Langkawi recently suggested me a small place, called Pondok Keladi. In April 2009, I went to Langkawi and stayed there for 5 nights with a friend of mine. The experience has been nothing but wonderful. Since from the first email booking, we have been treated well by the owner Dee. Dee provided us with the airport pickup in the wee hours in the morning. The place was gorgeous and looked exactly like beingd escribed by my friends. It was quiet, clean and the room was basic yet immaculate. It is the best place to stay for relaxing and get away from the hustle bustle of a busy life in a city. Marc, the English guy who helped Dee running the place is also a nice guy.
The best thing about the place is the 'Balai', common hall in front of the rooms. The hall has a big lounge open air area, with a common kitchen. Throughout the stay we met and spent many hours with the other guests who were also enjoying their stay at Pondok Keladi.
During our stay, Dee and Marc organized a BBQ for the guests at no extra fees.
We were touched with their hopsitality and help and definitely recommended any readers to stay at this delightful little gem in Langkawi

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank nawri
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I booked this hostel 6 months before trip. Two hours before leaving for Malaysia I got a confirmation email with wrong details about car hire and transfer. I corrected this with cut and paste from previous correct email and said I might have dealt with another person at hostel, hence the poor communication and mistake. I received very rude email in reply saying we were not welcome at the hostel at all. I apologised, saying I had not intended to be rude, but we had made arrangement and I wanted to know if it would still be honoured. Got back another reply equally rude and had to leave for Malaysia with nothing booked, after making this booking 6 months earlier and a clear confirmation email from host 3 weeks earlier.

He had made a mistake, but instead of apology - or even compromise - I got two rude emails.

I have stayed in numerous hostels worldwide but only had 2 other rude situations - one other being from Zachry Guest House in Langkawi as well by email after I asked a simple question about whether room would be quiet. I would recommend neither after these experiences. I have, however, recommended the hostel where we stayed - see review on Palm Guest House.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank alwaysunderway
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I just had a chance to stay at Pondok Keladi for one night only. I arrived Langkawi a lil bit late and thanks for the airport pick-up which was not that expensive.
This place is located in a local village. Quite troublesome if you do not rent any transport in Langkawi.
The dogs were awesome. Internet connection was good.
Very nice service and beverages.
Looking forward to staying at Pondok Keladi again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Jai-Maddox
Reviewed February 15, 2009

The place is great ! We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. Rooms are simple, but nicely decorated. Guests can use the kitchen to prepare their own breakfast or anyother meal. Rosidi is a very attentive host. Overall, the atmosphere is very friendly. With only 6 rooms and a nice common area, you will end up meeting other travellers. If we go back to Langkawi, we definitely will stay at Pondok Keladi again !

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Katergo
Reviewed February 8, 2009

Di, the proprietor, made us feel so at home and comfortable that it felt like we were staying with old friends or family. He helped us arrange for a motorbike rental. He gave us great recommendations on places to eat and drink on the beach and around town. The location is also ideal as you can easily drive to Tengah or Cenang Beaches within minutes but is tucked away from the main street. We had a truly restful getaway here, and would definitely come back if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pbc-chica
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We have just returned from a 25 night stay (our second visit in two years) and cannot rave enough about this little corner of paradise. As soon as you arrive at Pondok Keladi you are assured of a warm welcome. Di, the owner, goes beyond the call of duty to make his guests feel at home. Having only six rooms retains the cosy atmosphere as does the well maintained gardens by Marc, the communal area (complete with WIFI internet access and kitchen) and the friendliness of Gadget, Ben, Lucy and Reggie (our furry friends). Excellent beaches and restaurants are just minutes away and Di will help with any arrangements with regard to car hire etc.
The only downside is that by reading the previous reviews more and more people are discovering Pondok Keladi and we would love to have it all to ourselves and be own little secret.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MidlandsButterNut