“Megan Sydney”

Langkawi Seaview Hotel
Ranked #36 of 105 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have arrived on 15Jun2013.
1.Room# was 515. The door to balcony was not slide good. They fix it but still not good. The room phone was broken, the kettle was not working. Finally we got chance to swap to room 815.
2.The food for breakfast was not in variety. They were more malay food I suppose. However, I am fine with it. But I can not stand that the watermelon was rotten. I showed to staff and ask them to check the food before they put in the breakfast area.
3. This is a more annoying, there is a Chinese lady in the receipt area, her name could be Jan I suppose, she was not even make any eye contacts with us, not smiling at all. She eats food and chewing in front of us, this is so unprofessional. She even gossip about us in front of us. I do not know what is the standard of hiring staff in this hotel. definitely not a 3 stars hotel, pretty bad.
4. "Your reservation for the Langkawi Seaview Hotel in Langkawi is an advance purchase rate and a credit card is required to charge full pre-payment at the time of booking. This is non refundable and non transferable." check on this statement. Our credit card is just to secure the room booking, if they would like to go ahead, they should ask us before it's processed. Their payment method is not flexible, We are using foreign credit card, we pay extra exchange rate and surcharges which we do not wish they process our credit card, we would like to pay in cash instead. When we clarify this with the hotel, hotel receptionist said its' charged by asiaroom, not them. Again, I know hotel should be flexible on this, nothing to do with asiaroom.
5. Their WIFI signal was poor and weak.
There is one lady-Haniza Bt Man (Nieza), she's been very helpful. Another big guy, he smiles a lot, got very good sense of humor. These are professional faces to see. They should be awarded.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this to my friends.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wateryu W

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The choice and taste of the breakfast is not good at all.

The buffet dinner is even worst~~~~~~~~~~~~

The balcony doors are not working properly.

The electric kettle is rusted~~~~~~~~~~~

The phone is not working~~~~~~~~~~~

The shower is so slow~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Chinese receptionist (her name is Jam) is one of worst staff that I have ever met in my life. Honestly, she does not have the hospitality attitude at all.

It seems that the management of this hotel does NOT care at all.

Please do NOT convince any guests to accommodate and tolerate any dislikes that they experienced. Why should I accommodate/tolerate? My stay was not free~~~~~~~~~~

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is at strategic location. Near the jetty and also near Pekan Kuah. Just about 7 minute travel by taxi to Pekan Kuah. The hotel staffs was being very helpful and kind too. The room condition was okay and still being upgrade when I was there.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went there with the family for a 5D4N vacation and stayed in this apartment throughout the holiday. Finding the place is easy enough (just beside Region Hotel), but the hassle lies in having to check-in and check-out the Seaview HOTEL, which is located some distance away (if you do not have your own transport). Apartment-wise, the rooms are clean and basic amenities are available (fridge, kettle with coffee & tea sachets), utensils for 6 pax (but no knife/cutting board).

Book online to get the best rates...

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Teh W
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Room came with complimentary breakfast (food tasted terrible, no good choice available), but during our stay, the hotel was fully booked for some convention. We couldn't find a table to eat our breakfast and ended having to share a table with strangers.
Room was small in size. Seaview is correct description but nowhere close to the sea. It's visible simply because we stayed on higher floor.
We checked in quite late and the night shift staff seemed so aloof and not helpful at all.
Ironing had to be done along the hallway, using creaking unstable ironing board.
Sadly there's nothing nice to say about this hotel except there's ample parking available (uncovered though).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We came here for 3 nights on our way to bali and it was my birthday while here. What a huge disappointment the building is old and dirty rooms are ok but nothing in them only 2 towels. We overlooked a rubbish site and I made them move us. Breakfast was mainly curry rice noodles and toast! Can't wait to leave look around before you choose a hotel here

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed one night at the Seaview passing through.. The room was nice, the staff very helpful, and breakfast was included.
We were on our way to Penang, so,we didn't care if we were on the beach.
We had a mix up in our reservation ( my fault) . I booked the wrong month using Agoda. Even though this hotel said that they wouldn't refund our money, they did.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple