“Good rate, clean hotel.”

Langkawi Seaview Hotel
Ranked #36 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
Ipoh, Malaysia
“Good rate, clean hotel.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Rooms are simply nice, space full & very clean. reasonable price for a three star rated hotel & easy excess to the jetty (5min drive) I've stayed in this hotel for my company trip together with my boss & colleagues. I booked 4rooms. Family rooms available with two King sized beds. Its just nice for my boss's fmly to stay there. Truly satisfied with the facilities in the hotel.

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms are sea facing rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on business from 30 Sep to 4 Oct. My first impression of this resort on arrival was so-so. But as always, I held back judgement until I made full use of the facilities and one night spent in the room. Check in was efficient and speedy, check-in staff was ever friendly and did not stinge with their smiles. The room was pretty much what was expected of a supposedly 3 star hotel. That was until I attempted to use the plug points. Only a single plug point to handle laptop n chargers was available! And there was 3 of us sharing the room for the first 2 nights! The shower barely "squirted" water and the liquid soap dispensed what looked like cheap "frothy" non scent smell lather at best.

The phone was not working and there was no phone directory to refer to if we needed to call housekeeping, room service (if ever there was one) etc. The TV was a miserable 17 incher which looked as if it was produced during the time when colour tv first found its way into the country. 4 channels available (TV1, TV2, TV3 n HBO) but sadly picture quality was grainy at best and hardly worthy of mention.

The breakfast buffet was passable. However, participants kept complaining that it was the same menu throughout the 4 days. Thank heavens time spent in the room was at a minimal and Its a good thing that Langkawi has so much to offer outdoors. The lesser time spent in the rooms the better. I would not give it a 2 star let alone 3. At best a 1.5 star hotel. Not recommended even if you are on a shoe string budget.

Room Tip: Only tip - pick another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went to this this hotel on End of July 2012. That is Bulan Ramandan, totally no buffet Breakfast, the breakfast only limited to few choice and no nice. May be my room was at corner, so it quite hot & smell.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Putrajaya
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We (me & my friend) went to this Langkawi Seaview Hotel on 16 & 17 June 2012..
A week before we check In, I already asked their Sales Officer about whether can i just check in earlier than the schedule, and they said yes and they're already confirmed about that, but unfortunately when we arrived at that hotel to check in early, suddenly the receptionist said no.
I already explain the situation but she just didn't wanna care about it..
The saddest thing was, I already booked a room a month before the visit.
I've to wait about 3 hours, then after that I checked in..
The next day, we have this awesome breakfast buffet.. I've my scramble egg with tomato sauce and my friend just ate everything that they got..
Hehehe.. And the best part was, we didn't even have to arguing about not having enough table..

Room Tip: Do confirm about your Booking Room and Corner suites are large and sunny.. XD Have a nice trip Guys...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Esther A
Wellington
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am writing this review purely in appreciation of the amazing Mee Goreng Mamak that I ordered here. It was sooooo yummy! As for the stay, yeah it was good too. But man, that Mee Goreng!! I will come back oneday and hopefully it will still be as good.

Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Phone ahead to find out if they are doing renovations during your stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Nothing much to say about this hotel. A bit dispointed with operator and reservation staff. I think all the staff should go to hospitality & Sevices training. But welldone to Ms. Niza, she have make my check in process goes smooth.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank sri_mustapha
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Taking into consideration the holidays and weekend, the room rate was still reasonable and value for money. The good location makes it ideal for travellers who come by boat to shop and to visit popular tourist spots on the island.

• Stayed June 2012