“does not meet expectations”

Century Langkasuka Resort
Ranked #86 of 107 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed October 15, 2012

this hotel is an amazing hotel in itself, amazing view, perfect location, spacious rooms, enormous pool, BUT..... the customer service really lets it down. its such a shame for such a wonderful place to have such rude, unprofessional workers. this was my third trip to Langkawi and i was disappointed with the service. Upon making my booking, i had requested a baby cot, when arrived to the hotel i asked to confirm the baby cot, they seemed confused and as though they had not read my reservations. i was told that it will be organised, so we went out for a while and wen i returned to the hotel i went to reception, a cot was still not organised. my baby brother had to sleep on the counch that night because a cot was not organised. the next day i reminded them about the cot before leaving and when i returned to the hotel that evening, i was walking to my room, and saw a worker take a baby cot to someone elses room. i was furious, i called up and then they happened to find a cot. another instance, i ordered food from room service, when i recieved my order it was missing some food, when i questioned about the rest of my order the worker very rudly said, this is enough food you do not need more. i was very angry with such a reply simply because of his laziness, it is non of his busniess how much food i order. also i asked about child minding and the hours that they run i was told three different things, unprofessional and lack of information amongst staff. its such a shame that the staff are who have brought down the reputation of such a beautiful hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Nadine_1790
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Nadine_1970,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am happy to note about your comment on the resort's view, spaciousness of the room and other positive feedback. On the contrary, I have shared with my team leaders about the service issues. We will investigate and take appropriate action to ensure that such experience does not recur.

In the mean time please accept our appology for your experience.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here for 2D/1N on 26/9. The hotel is just next to the airport and away from the crowded Chenang beach which was good. When we arrived, we were shocked to be told that they have no record of my booking although I made the booking at starwood website. Luckily, the staff sorted this out well and we were checked in 5 mins.
We were given a partial sea view room, The room itself was HUGE with very nice bathroom and rain shower. The bed was really comfy. The pool was huge too. Sadly, we didn't get to enjoy the pool as it was raining continuously during our stay in Langkawi. Breakfast was also good with mixed Malay and western food.
Overall, it was an enjoyable stay. We will definitely stay here during our next visit to Langkawi.
Tips: Rent a car during your stay in Langkawi. It won't cost you more than RM 80 for a car.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tuanfarhan

Dear tuanfarhan,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comment about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn about the enjoyable experience you had at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort. Nevertheless, please accept our apology on the reservations hiccup.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Once again thank you.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent a week in this hotel sometime late March. The hotel was simple, modern and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We liked it so much that we spent most of our time in the hotel especially the pool.

The pool is open daily until 6pm with ample pool towels and F&B service is provided at the pool. Once you see the pool you wouldn't want to spend time in the beach. The beach isn't really clean to bathe in. In the evenings the staff would usually engage in games like soccer or volleyball and invite guests to play. The staff were mostly young and energetic.

The room was super spacious with a clean and well stocked bath. It had a flat screen TV, a nice couch with eye-catching colored cushions. The bed was comfy and lighting was good. We had most of our meals in the hotel and although the food menu was limited it tasted good.

The hotel was close to most of the attractions and airport. I would definitely stay here when I return to Langkawi. My only request is for the management to set-up a spa and look into the food menu and provide more choices as there aren't much food joints close-by and those staying more than 3 days may get bored with the same dishes.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool/sea.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Inbam

Dear 3MPR3SS,

My appreciation for taking the time in writing about your stay with us in March this year. It is very encouraging for our team to learn that you generally had a good stay.

We look forward to welcome you back to our resort.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It is a refurbished hotel with the spacious size of the rooms maintained. Did a good job on opening the view to the beach with the huge infinity pool. However, i feel that it is overpriced with the service and amenities/facilities provided. Furthermore, it is considered a 4-star hotel. I expected something of better quality. May consider going back if the price is reduced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had to agree with some other reviewers that the rooms are really spacious. The room I got come with basic facilities, a king-sized bed, a comfortable sofa, a flat-screen TV, a desk, etc, and plenty of SPACE !

Location is good for those who love beach and fly in to Langkawi. The resort is right next to the airport - about 1KM away from the airport. It's near to Pantai Cenang (about 10min drive from the resort).

There is a small art gallery and a small convenient shop at the lobby of the resort. Love the idea of having the the convenient shop at the lobby.

I like the gym room, it's located next to the beach of the resort. You can do execises in the gym room while looking at the sea. What a great idea !

The only thing I dislike is the breakfast at the resort. There are not many choices. Food replenishing is slow, coffee and tea is limited, and I found only one coffee and one tea pot in the restaurant for some many guests. Bad management.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HLok
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Well, we traveled last May in 2012, I booked right away from asiarooms, it was a cheaper price from 4 star hotel (paid around 100$) of course with the amazing photos in the website,so inviting. its appear to book direct from their website is better.
Anyway, we expected something spectacular from sheraton, I didn't check trip advisor before booking, but when I checked, I was really afraid, what kind of hotel Im going to? with this money (quite expensive for our budget, but compared to other sheraton). The review is so bad, I try to cancel the booking, but however we can't.
our reason to stay there just to be near to the airport (5minutes) but I dont think transport to airport in Langkawi as a problem (just around 15-20min from cenang area).

Took a while to check-in, then they give us our room (partial sea view, which maybe not even partial, maybe 1/4, in fact we barely see the sea) my husband wanted to change the room because we paid more for the view. But I like the room and afraid will take some more time to change. Then we stay. We took a tour around, actually, it wasn't that bad at all, spacious room and bathroom, has bathroom and bathtub, and basic things for 3-4stars hotel. the room looked so new, and clean. has a sofa too.

I think, if u want to try ur luck go for it, u might get that bad room, maybe not, just ask for a new room, insist for it. u paid good money for it, u should fight for a good room, u deserve it. Don't just stay there, and cursing them.

note: their beach is a little bit far and hard shells are on the sand, but quite and have beach chairs.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are nice, but more expensive
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dyaneetha
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A great hotel with nice rooms, with free WiFi, beautiful bathroom with a roomy shower, and a bathtub also.
The breakfast at this hotel had a very nice selection, and every other day, it would be a different selection, so more variety.
The Hotel is very near to the Airport, me and my wife walked to the Airport, it took us about 10-15 minutes, at average pace, the reason we walked there was to go to hire a car from the airport, after we had booked into hotel.
The taxi ride was 12MYR from Airport to Hotel.
The best thing about this hotel was that it was perfectly located, and you could choose whichever route to get you to your destination in good time, cenag beach was a 10 minute drive away, with a whole main road, with shops, restaurants, souvenir shops, and plenty more.
The hotel may seem a bit dull to others, but it's a different atmosphere, and not like an ordinary hotel, and the wife loved it!!!

Room Tip: Choose the pool view room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple