Century Langkasuka Resort
$160
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$332
  • Breakfast included
$229
$199
$700
All reviewsinfinity poolnear airportlovely poolcable carbuffet breakfastpantaiduty
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed with some friends (about 20 of us) for 2 nights (20-22 July) and enjoying the excellence service and beauty of the property. Although this western hotel was selected by the travel agent, but I found it to be very nice with a huge lobby, and many art pieces were displayed. It was opened by Dr Mahatir (ex-PM) in Nov 2011, thus you will find newness in this hotel. There is a nice swimming pool and a quiet beach, breakfast was generous and comprehensive with western and Malaysian food. One disadvantage is the location is isolated with no shopping malls in sight, but it is near to the airport.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights from July 18th to July 20th 2012. Excellent Hotel, Amazing Pool!! Don't go by the reviews you will love the stay. The room which was given to us at the time of check in was under renovation, immediately hotel manager Kenny has upgraded our room. The room is very clean. The views from the upper floors, especially the view of the pool and the beach is amazing from there. The breakfast spread is very good. The staff are very helpful. It is very near to airport and 8 kms from cenang beach. I would strongly recommend to rent a car and it takes just 5 mins drive to cenang beach.

As this hotel is called the resort, I only missed the Spa and Suana and steam rooms. Since it has got an amazing pool there should have been the Sauna and steam rooms to compliment it.

I would highly recommend staying in this property and I will stay here in my next visit.

Cheers,
Praveen

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PraveenMaddali
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I think that some of the negative reviews are a bit unfair, or no longer relevant. For example, I rarely saw any mosquitoes. The AC worked just fine, contrary to some other reports (maybe we just got a lucky room), and wasn't too loud. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. The infinity pool is a highlight, as noted by previous reviewers. It is impressive with lots of chairs and was never crowded. There is no shade, though. Sun-lovers will think that's a plus, but those of who burn think it's a minus.

There were some minor issues that detracted from our stay in a small way. The room was a little smelly, though you got over it in a few minutes. The furniture was a bit cheap and was marked up. There was a stain o the ceiling. Also, we had to walk past garbage to get to the room (what were they thinking?). The water turned off without warning, for a few hours. The breakfast wasn't great, at least not my mouth (might be more suitable to locals). The minimart on site had no pepsi/coke products. The internet was shaky, in fact inferior to the free wifi at the airport. We had to connect and reconnect, and it was slow when connected. Overall, it was acceptable (just barely). When I switched to the wired connection, it worked much better.

Although there were a lot of minor problems, they don't really add up to much. You could still enjoy this resort if you're not expecting a 5-star hotel. A more serious concern might be that the hotel is not really walking distance to anything interesting. Taxis aren't especially cheap (I think it was about 5-6 USD to go into town). That is what would probably keep me from returning, since I don't want to rent a car. That and the fact that Langkawi as a whole seems quite inferior to other beach options in southeast asia (phuket, samui, bali, etc.).

P.S. You could walk to the hotel from the airport (< 1 mile), but I wouldn't recommend it. It's too hot (not much shade) and there's no sidewalk. We tried it without luggage and regretted it. Taxi to/from the airport is 12 MYR (just under 4 USD), which is too high for the short distance, but the price seems strictly non-negotiable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric R
Reviewed July 11, 2012

hotel or resort is not that much good, too much flay and spiders around all Elway.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

our stay at Four Points by Sheraton was a blissful experience. Going by the name we knew the services should be great but we did not expect so much of warmth and courtesy from the staff there. The staff was extremely friendly, always eager to help, the view was overwhelming with an infinity pool and the rooms were comfy. Not only this, it was only 3-4 mins of walk from the airport.
Overall it was a great stay

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple