“Great stay, would come again, but some minor drawbacks.”

Century Langkasuka Resort
Ranked #79 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed for five nights with our baby in the beginning of March. The hotel looks fantastic from the front, and the lobby area is very nice. A bit empty though. Could do with some more plants/artwork or something like that. Very nice at the check in, although they got a bit confused when we asked about they had bigger rooms available. (Normally we wouldn't have asked, but did because we had a baby that easily wakes up and it would have been nice with a seperate bedroom) As the price would be the double of what we paid, we didn't get the upgrade, but were very pleased with the room we had booked anyway. I don't know if the hotel has a policy regarding cheaper upgrades, but if they had given us a discount on the upgrade that would have given them alot of goodwill, especially as the hotel was nowhere near full.

The room was very spacious, but it was very evident that it had been refurbished, especially in the bathroom. That was the biggest disappointment as the finishes in the bathroom was so poor, that if it had been my own I would have lodged a complaint towards the contractor. Also there was very visible mould and dirt in the shower, which you don't expect when its new and when its a four star hotel. But other than that the room was very nice and clean. They do seem to be a bit confused to what types of towels to leave in the room, as getting towels to dry our hands with was a bit of hit and miss phenomenon. But that was more funny than annoying.

The pool area is the best I've seen, and they also have a smaller kids pool. Poor beach, but with a pool this nice we didn't feel the need to use the beach. No pool bar, but the restaurant (Eatery) was just outside the pool anyway and served the poolguests. There was also a kids club, but we didn't use it as our baby was too small.

The staff (especially at the Eatery) was superfriendly, chatty but still professional, and made us feel like very valued guests. When you go out and come back they greet you at the door and welcome you back. When we ate at the Eatery we had several come over to talk to our baby, which we really appreciated, and one of the staff even took him for a tour in the restaurant and kitchen. I am guessing that we got this much attention because there weren't many guests, so they weren't superbusy. If there is anything negative about the restaurant was that at dinner they have a limited menu, and often there was things on it that wasn't available. That's fine, but they should inform of this when they hand out the menu. Also at breakfast there was lots of ants in the honey, every morning. Other than that everything tasted good and the breakfast selection was very good.

The location is very close to the airport, but nothing else. But taxis and car rentals are relatively cheap and we didn't mind at all.

We would stay here again at the current price.

Room Tip: All rooms are close to the pool, but would recommend getting one facing the poolside, as the other s...
6  Thank frureiseglad
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear sitrona,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort and the time taken to provide us this review.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received especially from the staff at the Eatery.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

There are several room upgrade options made available for guests to choose at a minimum charge, I apologize if our Front Desk staff has overlooked in offering it to you during your check in.

Thank you for highlighting the comfort and spaciousness of your room despite some shortfall on the bathroom cleanliness. I have shared your concern including the towel issue with our Room Attendants to ensure that they give emphasis on attention to detail in their room cleaning process.

The ants on the honey at breakfast and unavailability of some items listed on the dinner menu at Eatery is unacceptable, rest assured that our Food & Beverage Service Manager and Executive Chef are looking into it for improvement and to ensure item listed on the menu is available. It is kind of you to highlight our breakfast selection – an area that we continue to focus on.

Many thanks for your suggestion to improve our lobby area.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Century Langkasuka Resort

Reviewed March 9, 2012

i’ve just stayed at the resort with my family members (early March) and everyone was very happy with the overall experience. The scenery at the resort is magnificent with the large swimming pool facing the ocean. The room is also great and extremely comfortable to stay.

All the staffs were attentive and friendly plus the food was good too. You must try the Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) and Nasi Ayam (Chicken Rice)

Will definitely return to this resort again on our next trip to Langkawi. Well done!

Room Tip: Get room by the swimming pool
3  Thank Art_Tat

Dear Art_Tat,

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort in this review.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed our hospitality and the comfort of our guestroom. The location of our swimming pool does offer nice scenery especially during sunset that many guests enjoy.

It is kind of you to highlight on our signature dishes “Nasi Goreng or Fried Rice” and “Nasi Ayam or Chicken Rice” that offered at Eatery.

Once again, thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

After reading a few bad reviews about this property, my 2 girlfriends and I decided to just give it a try. To sum it up, we had no regrets on our stay there. The hotel still smell of cement and paint as it is rather new - not a bad thing actually. The rooms were really really spacious (We could actually play badminton in there). The infinity pool is a winner while the beach, mediocre. My friends and I liked the buffet breakfast. The variety, food quality and presentation was really good. The staff were always courteous and helpful.

The only unpleasant encounter we had was when we came back one evening to discover a pool of water outside our bathroom. There was a leakage coming from the air conditioner. The hotel maintenance personnel was quick to come to our rescue and it took them a while to solve the leakage and mop the room. We were really tired after a mangrove tour that evening and waiting was not within our threshold. A service recovery is not expected but will be appreciated in view of such circumstance.

This hotel is about 5 minutes drive from the airport. Not very near to 'civilisation' such as Cenang Beach, which may be a good thing for the discerning guests who wants peace and quiet. I would strongly advise that you rent a car as it is cheaper and easier to get around. Langkawi roads are quite safe and straightforward, just be extra cautious while driving at night as cows may just pop out of nowhere in the dimly lit roads.

Four Points should look into its aesthetics such as creating a more lush landscape, art and decor and also, pay attention to the finishing touches in the nook and crannies in the rooms. We noticed cement, paint stains on the walls, floor, ceilings and cobwebs behind the furniture. There seemed to be mould stains on the bathroom tiles - something I would not expect from a new hotel under the Sheraton flagship.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and would not mind coming back again.

Room Tip: Request for rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Merlion2007
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Dear Merlion2007,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your recent experience in this review.

I take concern of our guests review and work closely with my team to further improve on shortfall areas for guests comfort. The inconvenience you had encountered with the leakage in our guest room is very much regretted. As service recovery procedure is in place, I am disappointed that this was not offered during your stay. Rest assured that this has been addressed with my team for improvement.

I appreciate your comments on the detail cleaning of our guestrooms and can assure that our Room Attendants give attention to detail in their cleaning process,

It is nice to know that the room spaciousness, good buffet breakfast and friendliness of our staff had made up to your pleasant stay.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

After reading other reviews I had some concerns about this property, but was pleasantly surprised, SPG Platinum member's get nice upgraded suites and this property was very reasonable using $ and or points. The Infinity Pool is spectacular (something out of a W Hotel), but the beach is very average. The amenities are simple and nice. This would be an excellent budget accomodations during a stay in Langkawi. Great location to airport (5 minutes) as well as to Keah City (45 minutes - nothing really there) and the Cable Car which is highly recommended (20 minutes away)...

Staff helpful and certainly trying their best especially at front desk and restaurant.

Room Tip: As for the Suites...Nice large living room and bathrooms...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear lawrencejho,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort.

I appreciate your positive reviews that enhance our guests experience and trust services provided especially by staff from Front Desk and Eatery met your expectation during your stay.

Many guests appreciate the resort’s location which provides the convenience of getting to places of interest and our hugh infinity pool. I have acknowledged your comment on our beach, rest assured that there are plans to have a bar and water sports activities there in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I truly enjoyed when I was at Four Points. This Resort is very suitable for people who really wants value for money. The overall concept is simple but the resort layout is beautiful! It’s located very near to the airport and the swimming pool is facing west. So almost every evening you can witness a spectacular sunset if the weather is good of course. I would recommend this resort which is ideal for vacation, honeymooners, newly-wed couples and of course for family trip.

Tips: Must visit the Underwater World and Oriental Village (Cable Car)

Room Tip: The room is very spacious and clean. The bathroom is excellent
1  Thank Khairil Akram M
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear Khairil Akram M,

Thank you for your positive review.

Many guests like the simple and uncomplicated concept of our resort and our huge infinity pool. Also great to hear you appreciated our location which provides the convenience of getting to places of interest and the airport.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I just spent 3 days in Four Points Langkawi and it has been a very nice and memorable stay. The room is very spacious, the view beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful. Would certainly recommend this hotel to my friends. I think some of the less favourable reviews posted here are from competitors. I honestly couldn't find anything bad to say about this hotel.

Dear Ruby M,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience in this review.

Trust the effort provided by my team has made you feel comfortable that you enjoyed throughout your stay.

Many thanks for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

After reading all negative reviews we weren't sure what to expect, We arrived about 8pm after 3 flights, Very warm welcome and were shown to our room, First thing was the shower head was broken, The room was ok but being as we were there for 12 days we asked to be moved, however they fixed the shower immeadiately, we were then shown a suite which was great, The pool is fantastic, the staff are great, nothing is too much trouble, a bit out in the sticks so we hired a scooter, the roads are good and cheap way of getting around, taxis are fixed prices no haggling and getting stitched up like in KL,
My only criticisms are, they don't seem to actually mop the rooms just sweep them, there were lots of long black hairs on the floor so i mopped them up with tissue and put it in the bin, this seemed to do the trick after that room was spotless. The other was the menu, not enough local food, and what there was was presented in too many bowls, They had a great Valentine Nite on the beach which the staff put a massive effort into. we didnt go, as it was a bit expensive and nothing malaysian on the menu which was a shame, the beach there is ideal for BBQ's and Sunset cocktails, the hotel should make more use of this, a litlle beach hut doing cocktails in the evenings would be great, One thing with the Sheraton chain is the beds are amazingly comfy, The rooms could do with a bit of colour, maybe a few pics, We would defineatly go back. Try the Nasi Goreng!! very good. The other thing is don't like people going out all day then coming back an getting in the pool fully clothed..this is unhygienic!!

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor.. much quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank erin46

Dear erin46,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience in this review.

I believe the honest and uncomplicated hospitality extended by my team did contribute to your satisfying stay.

Many thanks for your kind understanding and comments for improvement. Rest assured that I worked closely with my team to improve on our room cleaning process and services provided for better guests experience.

Your comment to have more local food in our menu and barbecue by the beach is currently looked into by my Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Team for future planning.

I am glad that you like the comfort of our bed.