“Great time”

Ranked #79 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
bristol
“Great time”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

After reading all negative reviews we weren't sure what to expect, We arrived about 8pm after 3 flights, Very warm welcome and were shown to our room, First thing was the shower head was broken, The room was ok but being as we were there for 12 days we asked to be moved, however they fixed the shower immeadiately, we were then shown a suite which was great, The pool is fantastic, the staff are great, nothing is too much trouble, a bit out in the sticks so we hired a scooter, the roads are good and cheap way of getting around, taxis are fixed prices no haggling and getting stitched up like in KL,
My only criticisms are, they don't seem to actually mop the rooms just sweep them, there were lots of long black hairs on the floor so i mopped them up with tissue and put it in the bin, this seemed to do the trick after that room was spotless. The other was the menu, not enough local food, and what there was was presented in too many bowls, They had a great Valentine Nite on the beach which the staff put a massive effort into. we didnt go, as it was a bit expensive and nothing malaysian on the menu which was a shame, the beach there is ideal for BBQ's and Sunset cocktails, the hotel should make more use of this, a litlle beach hut doing cocktails in the evenings would be great, One thing with the Sheraton chain is the beds are amazingly comfy, The rooms could do with a bit of colour, maybe a few pics, We would defineatly go back. Try the Nasi Goreng!! very good. The other thing is don't like people going out all day then coming back an getting in the pool fully clothed..this is unhygienic!!

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor.. much quieter
2 Thank erin46
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear erin46,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience in this review.

I believe the honest and uncomplicated hospitality extended by my team did contribute to your satisfying stay.

Many thanks for your kind understanding and comments for improvement. Rest assured that I worked closely with my team to improve on our room cleaning process and services provided for better guests experience.

Your comment to have more local food in our menu and barbecue by the beach is currently looked into by my Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Team for future planning.

I am glad that you like the comfort of our bed.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I read the bad comments before going to four point on 2-4 March. I am pleased with myself for not changing my decision based on the earlier comments. My opinion is below:

Good points:
1. The room is very spacious. You can have a ball room dance in there!
2. Bed is very comfortable, probably because it is new
3. Rain shower and bath tubs are lovely!
4. Infinity pool is one of the best pools around.
5. Location is very near the airport
6. Recommend to try their Fish and Chip and Creme Brulle.
7. Helpful staff, though reception seems over crowded with staff.
8. New gym facing sea

Improvement suggestion for hotel:
1. Please do a critical check of your room. There are some aesthetic touch-ups required e.g. use a sandpaper to remove paint on tiles or on wood panel on top of bed. Rooms are nicely decorated, but these small things can matter to picky patrons.
2. I know Langkawi was full of mosquitos, but still I guess in such a season you should practice using an odourless spray while doing room service everyday to reduce mosquitos.

Overall I was fully satisfied with my stay and would definitely re-book this hotel if I visit Langkawi again. Hope it does not get too popular to become over-priced :)

Room Tip: Please rent a car from airport! For God sake who hires taxis when rent-a-car are just as low as RM 5...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CameronFan
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear CameronFan,

Thank you for your support and the time taken to provide us this review.

I am happy to hear of your pleasant experience. Your positive comments certainly motivate my team to continuously provide great service to enhance guest experience.

I appreciate your suggestions for improvement; rest assured that I am working with my team to give attention to detail in room cleaning process and conduct regular pest control to reduce the mosquito issue.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We spent two night here! Great swimming pool!!! We had a good room with a good bed...
I will recommend it!!!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Moenja
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Dear Moenja,

It is nice to hear of your enjoyable experience and thank you for sharing in this review.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

spent 3 weeks athe Sheraton four points , I understan their were problems when it opend , their is no sigh of this now . on our arrival we were meet and taken to the loung while we were regesterd . The room was large clean and every thing worked . bathroom was excelent with fixed head shower and adjustable shower room staff were very effecient , no shotage of toiletrys supplied every day . Pool side was one of the best Iv come across clean and very attentive staff , once they new your routine your towels were their waiting for you , pool side bar / food service was excelent you never had to go looking for the staff , staff were all very well trained , friendly and attentive . The manager made himself knowne to the guests by walking the hotel every day , would I go back again , yes with out a doubt

Room Tip: Pool side , you also have view of the beech
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear tambuli_11,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort and the time taken to provide this review.

I am pleased that the services provided during your stay exceeded your expectation. Our associates are the greatest asset of the hotel and your compliments certainly make them feel appreciated for the effort they have provided in taking care of our guests.

Once again, thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards
Mumbai
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hotel is not fully ready yet, but we got a super deal. For now, it's got some very kind staff, a super sized 56m infinity pool, a private beach, nice spacious rooms, a small well equipped 24 hr gym (no weights, though), a lobby bar, conference rooms, a restaurant and the most stunning sunset ever.

Upcoming as I've been informed are:- a spa by the beach, a bar in the pool and some live music (which I felt was really lacking).

It's located right about 700 meters away from the airport and it barely didn't take time to get to our hotel. (Please note: Taxi fares across Langkawi are fixed and are very reasonable to get across anywhere). Although, it's not in the heart of Langkawi like in Cenang beach area where all the action is, but if you want to have a quiet time, you won't miss it.
Note: Cenang was about 15 minutes away and so was Oriental Village (Cable Car).
The hotel should consider having a grocery-and-souvenir shop or a frequent shuttle to and from Cenang. The tour desk was lame and non-informative at all.

Here's a tip: Langkawi is Duty Free and if you want to stock up anything in your fridge, pick it up from the Airport on your way. Everything around is very reasonable and you'll end up spending more on your cab fares than what you really want. Most shops do not accept credit cards.

The rooms were spacious, clean and nice. Most importantly, they are modern (unlike most hotels in Langkawi). Being on our baby-moon, my wife was advised not to walk too many stairs, but there were elevators even in 2 story buildings. The rooms have a well stocked up fridge and a nice balcony. The bathrooms have a well sized tub with a separate shower area.

The restaurant has a good and large selection of food for breakfast, although it doesn't change and the menu has everything you can ask for, but will seem quite limited if you stay there for 3 or more days. We loved the local foods and I've been informed that all Starwood Hotels do not use MSG in their food. (You will love the Nasi Lemak, Nasi Goreng and Fish n' Chips here). The staff was very very kind and they were friendly and helpful at all times. The main man - Wee Say Nei took great care of us. He even kept the Guinness and some juice flowing on the house on our last day along with some desserts.

Four Points hotels also have a "Best Brews Program" and a chief beer officer, Scott Kerkmans, who selects Craft beer to serve in their hotels.

Beware of the mosquitoes in Langkawi, carry along an electric racket if you dislike them as much as I do. This really the hotel cannot control completely, but they will try to ensure your rooms are mos-free. (You will need to remind them a number of times though, as mosquitoes cleverly hide away when needed). These were only in our rooms and balcony really and no where else. But, I wish the hotel could pay more attention to this problem.

Tip: Check the weather before you go. It rained heavily on some days for a few hours.
Tip: You can't really swim in the sea at this property's private beach, as there were plenty of Jelly Fish. But, that could be weather related. I'm not sure.

On the whole, I just wish this place was more lively. But, considering it's new and not fully done yet, it may happen in time. Stay there for their modern rooms, sunset and service.

Room Tip: "Stay in the North Wing on the right side, as there is renovation going on in the other wing.&q...
3 Thank champbox
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear champbox,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Resort in this review.

I am pleased to hear of your pleasant experience and great to know that you enjoy our hospitality especially from services provided by Mr. Wee Say Nie.

As the hotel is new, there are rooms for improvement on some minor details. I have noted your recommendation to have a convenient store and live music to enhance the environment in our future planning.

Our Tour Desk is run by Sala Tours & Travel, rest assured that I share your comments with them to further improve their staff product knowledge.

Most of our guests like our buffet breakfast. As a way to provide value for money to our guest, our Chefs monitor the food quality and work on different menus to offer in the buffet line each day.

On the mosquito issue, rest assured that pest control exercise is being carried out regularly in guestrooms as well as the surrounding areas.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 1, 2012

large bedrooms and bathroom, very good 1st impression. Upon further inspection the hotel lacks maintenance. The pool area is dreamy! need to take a taxi to get to civilisation. the nearest place is cenang beach. Taxis charge RM18 to get to Cenang Beach. Breakfast is good.

Dear Sumayyah H,

Thank you for your review.

Many guests commented on the spaciousess and comfort of our guestrooms although there is room for improvement on maintenance. I trust your recent stay did provide you with a relaxing and memorable experience.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We would like to conver our thanks to Mr Mohd Puasahad for looking after us, the families group of 21 of us. (we booked 7 rooms, and were treated as Perferred Guest at the resort)
We trully enjoyed our stay at the resort. We had the opportunity to enjoy the fantastic facility at the Sheraton Langkawi Resort as well, which was not far from 4 point.
The Resort was new and clean. Service was excellent, all staff were friendly and helpful
The breakfast was good..
We, all the family eventually signed up as Starwood SPG members to enjoy the excellent hospitality within the groups of resorts and hotels, worldwide, in the future.
We are already planning for the next family get together at 4 Point soon.

Room Tip: Request rooms that is facing the pool and the sea.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bernard F,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Resort in this review.

It is nice to know that the honest and uncomplicated hospitality provided by my team especially Mr. Puasahad, did leave a positive lasting impression. Your kind words certainly motivate the team to continuously provide great service to enhance guest experience.

Warm regards