Century Langkasuka Resort
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$332
  • Breakfast included
$708
$616
getaroom.com
All reviewsinfinity poolnear airportlovely poolcable carbuffet breakfastpantaiduty
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Just a visit from the outside and out of curiosity a walk around the inside made me decide never to go back. The reception area was "empty" no plants or anywhere to sit. The check in desk was in the corner with barely enough room for the two staff there. The staff had no idea of what was available at the hotel. Their excuse was that it was newly opened, hardly an excuse! I had the idea of a drink but one look at the "restaurant" turned me off that idea. Looked more like a canteen that caters for bus loads of tourists.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank sailor2009
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

Dear "sailor2009",

Thank you for posting this review.

It is with regret to know that our Resort is not up to your expectation.

I appreciate your comments and shall review it with my team for improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your recent experience.

Tasriff Mokhtar
Resort Manager

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I arrived at 10 pm after a long flight, yet it was like i was an unexpected surprise to them. i had to wait in reception while they processed my details(no drama) which took around 30 min, no offer of a drink of water, tea or coffee which i would have been happy to pay for. When i was finally checked in i was "pointed" in the general direction of my room with no assistance offered. Once in my room i found the door did not shut properly, I had to push and shove it to get it to close. Not a good start.
On closer inspection of the room i feel they rushed the finish to take advantage of people for the busy holiday period. The bath room had a leak which covered the floor in water, the wardrobe doors did not work as they kept coming off the rails, and the ledge under the TV was too small to fit your suit case, so there was nowhere to put that. Paint work was poor and finish all round was average at best.
if you are looking for a bite to eat after 1030 don’t bother, the hotel offers nothing not even a snake at the bar, my mini bar was missing everything bar a few drinks so no snacks there. You are so far away from anything you can’t even pop out and buy something either.
i also found the lack of English in a fair fluent English speak part of Asia a concern. The bar staff struggled to string a few words together so bother asking them anything or thinking you might get a conversation out of them.
all in all i have stayed at cheaper hotels and have had better experiences, i would not recommend this place to anyone, save some money and book elsewhere.
the people who have given this place a rating hire then 2 must not get out much or expectations are so low any one can jump the bar, as this place is far from what you would expect from a 4 star resort. after spending a week in Sheraton Surabaya i think i was expecting way too much, i would not normally write reviews as i have better things to do with my time but i was so disappointed by my stay i felt obligated to warn others of this place.
i also feel the when you spend 970 MRY a night, even during the busy period you should get some value for money, but not on this occasion.

Room Tip: look else where and save the disappointment
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank michael c

Dear "michael c",

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us.

It is with regret to hear of your disappointment. I understand this experience has certainly marred

Your image of our property however will address the issues with my team for improvement.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience encountered

Tasriff Mokhtar

Reviewed December 3, 2011

For my one year marriage anniversary I booked this hotel as online the pictures looked great and it looked like a great resort whilst at seemingly good value. I thought this would be the best hotel in a 3 legged tour of Malaysia - I was so wrong!

Firstly there was no one at the front door to receive us. Upon check-in was advised that as hotel is newly opened there is no room service and the lift doesn't work. I carried one of the two pieces of luggage up the stairs as concierge couldn't manage alone.

Arrived in room to find I'd been checked into the wrong room. I booked seaview room but was given a comfort room with a view of a dusty/messy car park similar to look of a rubbish tip. The room was also in a poor state - unfinished/messy paintwork, stains on tiles/light switches in both main room and bathroom.

I complained about room check-in error and was advised to wait in room whilst they made other arrangements. I waited for 30 mins without a call before losing patience and calling them again, only to find out that the sea view room was not ready!! How can it not be ready? I paid for the standard check-in and they should've expected my visit for 2 months!

Eventually we got moved to a sea view room (partial view at that!). This room was as bad as the first with same faults as BUT also mould on ceiling in bath and stain on bed sheet. I was absolutely shocked, appalled and depressed at this stage.

I took photos of both rooms and went to reception to explain/complain about my experience and was so upset that I even decided that I wanted to go to another hotel. I informed reception that I wasn't happy to stay and that I wanted a full refund.

After a debate I asked for resort manager and showed proof of room condition. They agreed that it was not up to expectations and that hotel was re-opened too early with pressure from the powers that be. It showed!

However they wouldn't/couldn't offer any guarantee that I'd get a refund. They hid behind the middle agent through whom I made the booking. They could at least haved offered a refund as compensation if agent route was unsuccessful - but no. They instead offered to communicate with the agent and inform that I had not stayed and to refund me without cancellation fee.

I asked for this in writing or at least an email and was promised this in next day or so. (I have yet to receive ANY communication from them despite me emailing resort manager!!!)

I would say that they were very helpful in finding me an alternate hotel and I was able to transfer to Pelangi Beach Resort (highly recommended and cost marginally more due to offer at time) which helped us get over the experience.

I also concur with previous reviews that it didn't seem like a resort, barely any people around, not much to see/do in hotel and it was in middle of nowhere with no shops/restaurants nearby.

Overall they were simply not ready, disorganised and in a poor location!

Save your money please! There are plenty of other hotels there.

Tef

• Stayed: November 2011
10  Thank Tef737
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Dear Tef,

I regret to read we did not meet your expectation.

I have reviewed our recent hotel logs and I was unable to find any events recorded in our system to match your comments, and as such I would need more information before I can move forward with addressing your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at mohd.tasriff@fourpoints.com with your contact details so we can work together to resolve this. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience encountered.

Mohd.Tasriff
Resort Manager

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at the hotel from 25th November to 28th November 2011. It was a very memorable stay for me and my fiancee because it was during the stay that I proposed to my fiancee. The staff were very supportive and helped me in my plan to surprise my fiancee by specially decorating my room with the right romantic ambience for the proposal. Thanks to Azhar Ashari and Norsidah.

Overall, the hotel is a very nice place to stay. It is secluded from the noisy and busy Pantai Cenang. You will get a quiet and peaceful stay here. If you are keen to try out water sports and get to the tourist spot at Pantai Cenang, it is not too far away, just about 10 minutes drive away. The infinity pool is nice as it overlooks the beach. You can hang out at the pool deck while watching the sun set. Very beautiful view.

For improvement, the hotel can invest more in creating a better lobby. It is still new at this point and the lobby looks rather empty.

The hotel can also make full use of the beach by having chairs and umbrellas on the beach. It will be nice to have F&B staff having a small booth by the beach serving drinks and food. The sunset view is excellent.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at here. Comfortable room, nice pool, excellent sunset view and most importantly, friendly staff. Thanks again for going all out to help me in planning for my proposal.

Room Tip: Get one facing the sea for the sunset view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PaulTan
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Dear "PaulTan",

I am happy to hear of your wonderful experience and encounters with our staff especially Ms. Norsidah Ahmad and Mr. Azhar Ashari who have made you feel special. Their effort in taking care of our guest comfort deserve to be complimented when they do a good job.

Yes, I agree that our guests can watch beautiful sunset every evening from our pool deck and trust you enjoy every moment of it.

Thank you for your suggestions to improve our lobby appearance and to have Food & Beverage service at the beach. Rests assure that my team is working on it for our guest experiences.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this review and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Meanwhile, I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kumar Renoo

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Spent 4 night with my family of 2 kids.It's a new refurbish hotel that have a lot to improve but it worth every dollar.
The pool is great, the staff very polite & helpfully.
Need to add variety of food.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank mylite-kl
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkasuka Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Dear "mylite-kl",

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort in this review.

It is great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

I have taken note of your suggestion to add more variety of food and shall review it with my Executive Chef for improvement.

Once again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kumar Renoo