I stayed here for 10 nights during the LIMA 13 airshow. The hotel was contracted to me via the LIMA travel agent. I had read the horror stories on trip advisor, and had my fingers crossed that it wasn't true, but, to my horror, every bad thing that was mentioned by previous had come true, and more. Here's an account of how the hotel is:
1) Check-In : Check in was a bit slow and it was done manually with the hotel still using old fashion keys instead of card keys. Receptionist could not really understand english.
2) Walking to the room : The hallway was musky and you could see that the establishment was run down with all paint and old wood.
3) Here comes the worst part, THE ROOM: I opened the door, and i could see the old fashion room with old wood. Immediately, i could see the water leak stain marks of the aircon. The wall below the aircon was black with mould. I then proceeded to put my suitcase in the cupboard....BUT, the whole cupboard shelf collapsed. I inspected the shelf and to my horror, the shelf had collased a couple of times previously and the wood was chipped away, so it couldn't balance itself on the makeshift nails holding it up. Totally unacceptable.
4) The toilet, just as other people had experienced, was the worst part. It's the worst toilet i have been in in my whole life. First, you could see the dirt and grime staring you in the face in the shower room. It was all black and the walls were brown with dirt and moldy. The shower had hot water for like 1minute ....and subsequently, there was no water at all ! Imagine showering halfway then suddenly the water disappears...awhile later, it comes back on, but it's all cold water, then the water comes and goes again. It freaking sucks big time !
5) The room aircon was leaking as expected...and the carpet and the entrance to the toilet was all soaked.
6) The bed was horrible too....the sheets were not clean and you could see drops of old blood stains or what not. Even when i had the sheets changed twice.
I then made a complain to the front desk asking them if i could change rooms or check out of the hotel, but nothing could be done as all the rooms were the same. I then asked for the defects to be rectified...but after 1 day, nothing was done. I had to go down to the reception to drag a repair man to fix the problems. The shelf and aircon was fixed, but there was nothing they could do about the water. I guess its due to old pipings.
THE WORST PART was:.....there were BED BUGS. During my stay, i caught 3 bed bugs on my bed. It was mentally distressing knowing that there were bed bugs.
All in all, it was an unpleasant, horrible stay in a dumpster hotel/resort. This hotel deserves less than 1 star and should only cost less than $50 a night in my opinion.
DON'T STAY HERE ! Your money can be better spent elsewhere. Oh yes, i forgot to add that there is no internet connection in the rooms.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your The Lanai Langkawi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lanai Langkawi Beach Hotel Langkawi
- Lanai Langkawi