The Lanai Langkawi Beach Resort
$210
$187
Westin.com
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$294
$53
$152
$139
  • Pool
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
$212
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
$412
$203
Travelocity
$400
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2012

After reading some of the recent reviews, we have wondered if we were actually staying in the same hotel! We have just returned from a fabulous, laid back holiday at the Lanai Beach. We decided to stay there as three years previously, we had been at the hotel next door but found ourselves, most evenings, wandering to the Lanai beach bar and enjoying the beautiful sunsets on a more private and secluded beach, the monkeys playing on the rocks and drinking their much more reasonably priced cocktails.
We had a beachfront, 2 bedroomed apartment, which was spacious, true it was a bit dated, but extremely clean and certainly better than we expected as we certainly weren't paying 5 star prices. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfasts were not gourmet but there was certainly enough of a selection, with an omelette station, fresh fruit, toasts etc. As we were only expecting a continental style breakfast, again it exceeded our perhaps lower expectations and certainly on a price comparison with the hotel next door, which we had stayed at on a room only basis, it was more than a welcome bonus! Freshly ground coffee would have been nice but this was available cheaply enough from the beach bar. The Lanai Beach Hotel is within a short walking distance of a good range of eateries, coffee shops and spas and it really is not too far to the larger and busier Cenang strip . Plenty of taxis are available and at 6 ringgits for a ride to the far end of Cenang, (less than £1.50) we really had no complaints! We would certainly love to return again, one day!

Room Tip: Based on other reviews about rooms that we did not see, maybe it is best to book a beach front villa!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LynnJ60
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Must be careful when you going back to room , beware of snake.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank Liaw88
Reviewed April 1, 2012

For this price, you can not complain but be prepared as this hotel comes with a long list of UGLY and BAD rather than Good. The only good i can think of is the Beach although it is relativelyt far from everything. Besides that, there are NO porters, NO lifts, NO life guards at the pool, NO 24 room service, Not children friendly, etc.. To add to that, my room had a foul stench, the toilet was dirty, the airconditioned was blowing warm air even on maximum, the bed had dustmites and dead cockroaches. The water was either scalding Hot or freezing Cold. This list is Not exhasutive. . .

Room Tip: Probably the rooms nearer to the beach are better but i dare not go there again to find out
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JamesFoo
Reviewed April 1, 2012

the hotel was frankly Terrible. My room had bugs, cockroaches, mosquitoes both dead and alive on all 4 corners of the room and bed sheets. Under the bed had Condom and cigratte wrappers. Jessie and my children got bitten by dust mites. The water pressure was weak with either scalding hot or freezing cold water. Besides that, the toilet is dirty and not children friendly. To add to that the variety at breakfast was close to pathetic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank terenceyong
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I prebooked a room at the Lanai Langkawi Beach Resort through Agoda as it was the best value for money I could find in the area. Indeed there are not a huge number of options on Pantai Tenggah, and if I had my time again I probably might have stayed on Pantai Cenang, or somewhere in between Pantai Tenggah and Pantai Cenang. I thought Cenang would be too busy and hectic for me, but really it wasn't as bustling as I expected, so it would've been OK. In contrast, there are hardly any shops in the Tenggah area, and having a car certainly came in handy when staying here. Finding the hotel was easy, as there were signs from the airport.
Anyway, the hotel grounds, rooms and swimming pools were clean. There is one main pool for the big kids, and a small shallow pool for the little kids! The bigger pool is not huge, but big enough that you can do some laps in it.
Checkin and cleaning staff were polite and pleasant, I had no qualms with them though I didn't have much to do with them either.
My room was a bit ancient, but I could live with this as it wasn't a 5 star resort I was expecting. Nevertheless I found there was no hot water in the shower, and I could hear the plumbing from the adjacent room. The noise was fixed by closing the bathroom sliding door, and I didn't complain about the lack of hot water as I wasn't there long and didn't have time to stuff around with them.
The airconditioner in the room was effective but noisy (rattling), so it prevented me from having a really decent nights' sleep.
Breakfast was a bit of an industrial affair, it was quite busy and felt a bit like a high school canteen. The variety was reasonable and as always you can find something that you like. Nothing special, but not bad and I didn't get sick.
The hotel is beachfront, which is nice, and there is a restaurant/bar attached to the hotel on the beach. The beach itself is nice, but not the prettiest I've ever seen, and there is a patrolled swimming area about 100m down from the hotel towards Pantai Cenang. The beach was a bit dirty, with some litter around which was a shame.
Overall this hotel was value for money, but I think they could do with some updating, or perhaps they should adjust their prices down a little. There are easy fixes to most of the problems, but I'm usually of the belief that problems should be nipped in the bud before they arise, so I shouldn't have to bring earplugs, and I shouldn't have to ask for hot water in the shower! The good points were the relaxed location and the pool. Most of the parasailing in the area seems to start and finish up the other end of Pantai Tenggah, at the end of Jalan Teluk Baru, so if you're up for it (and it was heaps of fun!), then go there and try to negotiate a better rate than the tour operators give you.
For duty free goods, go to Kuah Town, though many of the cigarette and alcohol prices are the same at the airport duty-free store. The duty free department store at the Langkawi Cineplex on Jalan Padang Matsirat has a good variety of clothing and alcohol. If you're on Langkawi, it's actually a pretty good idea to spend a couple of days exploring Kuah town. Make sure you also visit the cable-car as well as the 7 Wells a bit up the road from the Oriental Village/Cable Car complex. The 7 Wells was a tiring but worthwhile climb.
To conclude, if you're a budget-conscious traveller and want to stay in Pantai Tenggah, consider The Lanai but don't discount the other options.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple