See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 10, 2018

I have almost forget there is key enter room hotel while this hotel is still using the key instead of card. The furniture is comparative ages and many sound when sleep. Facilities is looks old while maintenance is needed for immediate attention.

But the location is great since it is just next to the duty free shopping complex and you can visit to any destination easily.

Last comment will be the Hotel parking is extreme small and if you rental a kancil, it will be perfect parking while other size larger car, will really test your skill and you better slim enough else after parking, you have to sleep in car.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Taner A, General Manager at Grand Continental Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your stay and your comments. Let me go through your comments to respond your remarks:
I am Taner, the new Hotel Manager and previously worked for the Grand Continental Hotel Kuala Lumpur, now will serve here in Langkawi. Yes we are using keys not cards, just like our homes and key is attached with the energy saving card which you insert to main switch when you go in your room. We have two types of rooms here; Superior and Deluxe Types. Deluxe rooms which are located on level 5 and 6 are newer for your information. I have been to all room types, yes, some are older but in good condition and clean indeed. I also stay here so I make sure all around is clean and neat and well maintained. As you mentioned our location is very convenient, just steps away from Langkawi Parade Mall with duty free shops, restaurants, supermarket etc and very close to Legend Park, Jetty and Royal Yacht Club. About the parking; there are 2 parts actually, the front row, just outside the lobby and the back of the hotel also a very large parking space. You could also park at the main parking space as a lot parking lots available; do it next time then! when if you would like to come, kindly drop me a whatsup message to my handphone: to +60 12 3823380 and I will take care of your stay, Cheers!
Taner

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Staying for 2 days unforgetable moments. Room can hear people talking from another room. Twice power failure for hours but the management keep tight lips without any info. Sleeping in the dark for hours with no aircong. Being disturb at 2am.. just imagine how frustrated. Will not recommended to all staying in this hotel. Budget hotel nearby have better customer service and comfort. No thank you for the bad service by Grand Continental Langkawi. The first and last to stay here...

Date of stay: November 2017

Dear Pak Uda,
Thank you for your comments which help us to serve better for our guests. I am sorry for the inconvenience due to power trip. I spoke to my colleague and the problem was addressed, so no more power failures in the room you stayed, however still would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I noted your comment about the noise from the next room. might be guests were making too much noise as I also stay here on level but wasn't disturbed by noise so far; however kindly inform Reception if may happen and our Manager on Duty will come to settle the matter, no worries. If you come back to Langkawi again, kindly whatsup me and I will ensure you will have a comfortable stay here. you can also book direct and I will provide you a special rate for your next stay for consolation due the disturbance. My HP: 012- 3823380. cheers, Taner

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Pros - I booked superior triple room. With a king and a twin bed, it was so comfy for the 4 of us. Spacious room, cool aircond (just that the regulator was so high.... almost reached the ceiling so quite difficult to control it), clean bed sheets, clean carpet, clean towels, everything in the room was well functioning including the mini bar. Good water pressure and clean toilet. Very friendly staffs, ample parking, good lifts and a swimming pool with towels provided.

Cons - limited spread of buffet breakfast with average taste but different main course everyday. Just mineral water in cup instead of bottle, limited toiletries (only a bottle of shampoo and bath foam for a tripple room). Still use the normal key instead of key card. But it has a key drop box.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. Furthermore I spent most of my time outside the hotel. A good place to sleep. There's a massage centre at the hotel but I didn't get the chance to try.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank ShaJohor
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Harga murah,the hotel is quite old.the room was fine,clean and sufficient facilities. It is good enough for the price.the receptionist was nice.there was no bell boy I guess,so the guard help us with our luggage.was so helpful.the location is very near to a mall.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed July 7, 2017

After reading reviews I was nervous in staying here but what a pleasant surprise when we arrived. Staff are all wonderful, helpful, polite and friendly. Breakfast was great, thank you chef for bring out a special meal just for us to try, it was delicious. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the location was great, right next to a huge duty free shop.

Date of stay: July 2017