We booked this last minute through agoda, when we arrived they didn't have the booking and had to find a room.
I tried to book direct through the hotel but they quoted double the price and said they wouldn't match the online price!! How does that make sense??
I've travelled quite a bit and without hesitation I can say they placed us in the most disgusting room I've ever been in, in the "5 wing", old part of the hotel.
The chair was stained, couch was stained, the walls were dirty, the pillows were stained yellow!! Mold along the sink. The carpet was old , the place stunk like old sweat and dust. We couldn't stand it.
They offered us another room in 4 wing, didn't smell, newer chair, but still dirty walls and stained couch.
We asked for our money back and would stay somewhere else but they said they couldn't do that and a female manager upgraded us to a room in the newer area, with a terrace facing the water.
The room was much cleaner, and the bed was really comfortable.
Clearly this was their top rooms and would have cost a lot more.
If you stay here, make sure it's in the new wing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 15 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai