Hotel well located on Langkawi island away from all the noise but only just a 20 minute walk from shops, restaurants, attractions and beach, and 30 mins in mini Van from ferry terminal.
Hotel located next to the sea and mariner.
Nice reception area, reception staff not that helpful, but did the job, overall staff very good and friendly. We were offered a sea view room upgrade for around an extra £20 GBP, which i highly recommend doing as it changed our stay as we had a balcony over looking the sea bay.
Room very tired looking needing an update but clean and tidy and a good size, bed OK, English TV, bath room old again, toilet needed a good clean. Plus point was the balcony over looking the sea, which really was a great plus point to see the lovely sunrises.
Hotel restaurant food good, average priced, good choice on menu, and can dine outside by the sea front.
Breakfast again good choice buffet style with chief.
No free WIFI, very expensive to buy £5GBP for 24hrs.
Has small onsite shop that sells food and drink, souvenirs.
Pool area nice and well layed out good for children.
Has small night club Eagle Rock at other end hotel, good music and buy one get one free on drinks before 10pm with free wifi.
Would recommend, and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 15 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai