This is my first time staying here. The place under the name Awana Porto Malai was considered top when I used to come to Langkawi years ago and always make it a point to see the marina and its surrounding everytime I was in Langkawi, with the hope of staying here one day.
Checking in is hassle free, but upon walking to the room only then I realised how far is the room from the lobby. There's only 2 lifts at the lobby, and it is quite a walk to reach the room. Consider asking for room which starts with 1XXX and 2XXX and they are in the block nearest to the lifts. Rooms that starts with 3xxx to 5xxx are the furthest away.
The room is spacious, with two queen beds, meaning that a small family of 3 or 4 could stay in comfortably. The decor is a bit dated, but at least they have got the flat screen TV. No free wifi provided, which could be a negative to some.
The layout of the "bathroom' is quite intriguing. 2 separate shower & WC, with the sink in the room itself. Hence grooming workflow could be different than what we have been used to.
Quality and selection of food during breakfast and lunch could be better. Pastry eg croissant or cinammon rolls could be better, as the ones they served were either "rock hard" or not proven during the baking process. The choice is repeated alternate days, so for long term traveller it could be tiresome after the third day.
Pool is small, about 25 m but there's a slide and some water mushrooms for the kids. Not so much for adults. No beach at the hotel as it is built on reclaimed land.
All in all, the decor and furniture of the hotel is still stuck in late 90's setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired marina and resort, located in a secluded end of the famous Pantai Cenang & Pantai Tengah on Langkawi Island, is just 15 minutes from Langkawi International Airport. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, the surrounding islands including the Pregnant Maiden Island, the gorgeous sunrise, or the well-manicured natural garden. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. Best of all, the resort is a mere 10 minutes from Pantai Cenang beach and other duty-free shopping venues! Along with excellent on-site eateries and facilities, idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai