I stayed here in the first week of Jan 2013. The location is far from the Cenang beach and quiet. Pretty hard to walk to look for food outside of the hotel as you need to drive out for 15 minutes to Cenang. i booked 3 rooms and on the first day that i arrived, i noticed that the receptionist (malay female) who was attended a group of tourist quite rude where she said something literally not nice to them in local language, 'bahasa'. I just observed her behavior and i dont think that the frontdesk job is appropriate for her. I did nothing though as there was a male receptionist who was assisting me on my check-in. The male receptionist was also not very helpful as while he was assisting me with the check-in, and asked me to fill-up a form but did not really explain on which part that i need to fill-up. Until my sister asked, what to be filled in the form and finally he explained. He gave the keys of 3 rooms and all the 3 rooms were very very far from the main lobby. it was not convenient for the old folks to walk all the way from lobby to the room (my parents got a room at block 4). When i arrived at my room (at block 5) after a long walk from the lobby, the electricity and air-cond was not working. I tried to call the reception and the Duty Manager, but there was no answer. So i walked back to the main lobby, exhaustedly dragging my luggage bag and told the male receptionist that there were no electricity of that room. He seemed surprised and gave me another room at block 3 which is closer to the main lobby. At the same time, he asked whether the room was in a good condition or not and i nodded. The reason why he asked was, eventually the other 2 rooms of my family members were not ready and they have to wait until they make the room. The buffet breakfast spread was just average for me, nothing really great about the food. I would gave the rate of 2.5/5 for the food. On 1 night, i called up the reception from my room to request for the wifi ID and password, a male receptionist answered my called and promised to return the call back to me with the ID and password but i never happened. On the last day, the receptionists were friendly and helpful in assisting me with the check-out process compared to those who helped me with the check-in. All in all, this place is suitable for family but dont give a high expectation at the hospitality service by the staffs. However, there were staffs who did their job well. My rating to this place is only 3 out of 5 stars. i would return to Langkawi but will try to stay at Cenang area instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 20 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. We are also 24KM away from Kuah Town and 16KM from the nearest hospital. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. Live band performance is available daily except Monday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai