We stayed in Awana for a 4D3N holiday on the 29th December to the 1st January. We stayed in a Deluxe Seaview Room with twin bedded - and that's the biggest Single Bed I ever slept on! It fits 2 person! We also requested a baby cot.
We checked-in slighly earlier about 1.00pm since our 13-month old son was seeping when we stepped out from the airport. We had our lunch in the hotel itself, the Seagull Restaurant. The food was delicious and reasonable in price and portion. At night, we wanted to have dinner outside, but since it was raining and with our little baby, we can't really move anywhere. So, we decided to have our first dinner, in the hotel again. I guess, we made the right choice! The buffet spread was good (MYR45/per pax) and we enjoyed the environment and scenery at the Boardwalk and sunset.
On the eve of New Year, they have a special buffet dinner to clelebrate the New Year. MYR120/pax comes with one coctail. Coctail taste good and most importantly, the food taste GREAT - praticalilty not variety.
The chef, Ben, the GM - Mr Yap and other crew members provided very good, helpful and warm service and they even strolled him around when we were having our dinner. They really made us at home.
We rented a car to travel around the island so moving around is not an issue in Langkawi.
But, you need to spend more in order to get MORE. There are to many hotels around Langkawi. The management (or shall I say, 'the shareholders?') should seriously look into it :
a) to refurnish the whole room - the furniture (too old in terms of age and design - very primitive)
b) change the carpet - stained and dirty
c) room slipper - should provide since the room is carpeted
d) add more room amenities - tooth paste and tooth brush, more shampoo and shower gel
e) change the old furniture at the lobby area
Overall, Awana is a good place to rejuvenate and relax. We will definately come again to Awana Porto Malai Langkawi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resorts World Langkawi is located 5 minutes away from the popular Cenang Beach and Tengah Beach, and approximately 20 minutes away from Langkawi International Airport. We are also 24KM away from Kuah Town and 16KM from the nearest hospital. The seafront resort and marina overlooks east of Langkawi UNESCO Global Geopark, with the Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest as its backdrop and the sun rising along it. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, especially the newly renovated rooms of modern and functional design. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. The hotel also provides free shuttle to Cenang Beach 5 times a day. The idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance, given peace and privacy away from busy tourist centers but at the same time mobility convenience at its doorstep. Live band performance is available daily except Monday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai