I've stayed here twice now, having been to Langkawi 3 times in total. My most recent visit was late 2013 (and yes, I'm slow to write reviews). I chose this hotel the first time for the location, the second time I chose it for two reasons - the beach, and the lack of high rise buildings. Call me fussy, but when staying beachside, I enjoy my own villa.
There's a few things to know - it's sprawling, and because of this, you don't get wifi in the rooms. It also means that it can take a while for the maids to get to your room for daily service. But this comes with pluses too - I was happy to be away from the main pool area, having a seaview villa near the salt water pool. My only snag with service was getting a pool towel (the hut wasn't staffed, and they didn't leave towels out. Reception told me to go and open it up and help myself, which felt a little odd, but it wasn't a huge issue).
Food is good - both room service and in restaurant, but if you go for a five minute walk you will get a lot of options at inexpensive prices. It's also a plus - you can get what you need, or look into the nearby variety. Breakfast buffets were busy, and at times I found someone had taken my seat when I went to get food, but the hotel was at 100% occupancy when I last stayed.
Beach is wonderful - warm clear water. On days that the water wasn't safe to swim in, the salt water pool was great (and most kids were at the main pool, so this was a quiet option). I also loved the outside shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between coconut palms and lush tropical gardens, the Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa is located by a pristine, white sandy beach overlooking the tranquil Andaman Sea and an archipelago of over 104 islands. The resort remains close to the bustling Cenang Beach, yet retains its natural charm as secluded hideaway as the two beaches lay parted by a cliff, accessible only by road. Over the years, The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa has garnered a number of prestigious awards, including the ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014, as well as Tripadvisor's Top 25 Relaxation and Spa Hotels for Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Frangipani Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Frangipani Resort Langkawi
- Village Langkawi