I was all psyched up to either enjoy myself silly or expect the worse for my upcoming visit after reading all the mixed reactions from other reviewers!
The verdict .. It's a roller coaster of mixed feelings alright .. With plenty of Ooos and Uurghs for this resort.
The resort definitely has a rustic charm with its ongoing green efforts to collect rainwater and other recycling efforts and also plenty of fruit trees n plants everywhere which attract a good mix of nature from birds to insects which is interesting for lil ones.
The pools ( 2 chlorine 1salt) are great fun and safe for kiddies.
Spend the late afternoon (low tide ) at the lovely beach makes it a great place to explore and take in the gorgeous sunset!
Activities at resort like Eco walk, fish n duck feeding, catch of ocean and also free cartoons at ballroom make sure that guests are kept entertained!
Huge rooms with separate dressing area and showers. Equipped with air con & ceiling fan.
Great rainforest shower with good water pressure giving you a luxurious shower!
Restaurant n bar is smack next to the beAch n offers a lovely view for throughout the day !
Staff ...the housekeeping & security staff had the warmest smiles which was ironic.. Some of the front line (check in & restaurant) were warm but I felt they were a bit jaded and mechanical with the way they processed guests. Not rude jut lacking in warmth.
Location... Lots of mini marts to get essentials & dining options within 5min walk along Cenang beach.
The rooms definitely not 4star as fittings mirror a cheap government vacation chalet than a luxury hotel. Towels n beddings all thin and tired looking. The wooden furnishings were all scratched and old. Flooring is tiled flooring which gets dusty from the beach n guests returning from the beach! Must be a nitemare for housekeeping !!
Cleanliness - although pool area is cleaned and tidied each morning n spic n span for the day, however nothing seems to done to upkeep for the rest day as I found empty beer glasses and plates left at sunning deck chair area and dropped food pizza ( at tables next to pool) left on ground for people walk around the pool area to step on BEFORE they enter the pool!! Euuu
Breakfast was the only meal I ate at hotel and I was uninspired (by price and standard) to take any of my other meals there ! Very sparse basic variety n quality for breakfast. Agree with other reviewers that food not replenished in a timely manner as I didn't know there was salad dressing for the salad greens offered until day 2 breaky! Obviously someone forgot to lay it out on day 1! No hash browns on day2 only spring rolls.
Wifi .. Free wifi was sporadic as only available at lobby meeting room n restaurant. There's also a 20min time out thingy that logs everyone out after a while. I tried using one evening at lobby and got devoured by mosquitoes 5mins into using the wifi! Gave up after 10mins as wifi got into hang mode .. Not worth the agony!!
Checking in at 2pm : resort was full and made to wait till 2pm for room which is a bummer when traveling with a cranky n sleepy toddler!
Verdict .. I'd still come back if there was a rate promo as the gorgeous beach n natural hotel settings is acceptable as long as you know the shortcomings and prepared to look the other way to still enjoy your stay :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between coconut palms and lush tropical gardens, the Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa is located by a pristine, white sandy beach overlooking the tranquil Andaman Sea and an archipelago of over 104 islands. The resort remains close to the bustling Cenang Beach, yet retains its natural charm as secluded hideaway as the two beaches lay parted by a cliff, accessible only by road. Over the years, The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa has garnered a number of prestigious awards, including the ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014, as well as Tripadvisor's Top 25 Relaxation and Spa Hotels for Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Travelocity so you can book your The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Frangipani Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Frangipani Resort Langkawi
- Village Langkawi