The Frangipani is the 3rd resort we have tried on Langkawi. We stayed 2 nights in June, 2011. It was the most budget-friendly of the three, which partially compensated for the things we didn't like about the place. It was also the most conveniently located to the many shops and restaurants of Pantai Cenang, within easy walking distance.
Our room was of the standard or deluxe-type, which are set along the back boundary of the resort. So no view, just looking out to a walkway leading past the staff quarters to one of the pools with the backside of the next row of buildings beyond. The room itself was very large and very plain. The bed was firm but comfortable. The bathroom was very dated, with the door broken in the corners and rusty hinges. One morning, when other rooms in our block were using water, there was almost no water pressure in the shower or faucet. We could also hear conversations from the adjoining room through a locked connecting door that's located in the closet/desk area between the bedroom and bathroom. We didn't plan on spending a lot of time in our room and the weather cooperated, otherwise we may have wanted to upgrade to a villa for better view, amenities and privacy.
The main pool area was fine, the fresh water was a nice touch, with no chlorination. The second salt water pool also looked nice. Most chaise loungers were worn, with many chairs missed one or two plastic strips in the seats. They didn't have cushions.
The breakfast was meager. Only a few hot items, most of which were greasy. Not much fresh fruit or vegetables, and they kept running out of more popular items like watermelon or bananas. Cereal was for kids only, no muesli or more 'adult' options. We also tried a few lunch dishes -- portions were small, but flavors were better than at breakfast.
We appreciated their effort to 'go green'. Recycling bins are scattered throughout the grounds, they grow some of their own produce and herbs, and there wasn't much food wasted at the breakfast buffet. They may also be trying to reduce the waste involved with replacing larger items (like worn chaise lounges and thin towels), but the overall effect is one of neglect.
Next time, we would stay elsewhere for a bit more money per night for a better quality resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between coconut palms and lush tropical gardens, the Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa is located by a pristine, white sandy beach overlooking the tranquil Andaman Sea and an archipelago of over 104 islands. The resort remains close to the bustling Cenang Beach, yet retains its natural charm as secluded hideaway as the two beaches lay parted by a cliff, accessible only by road. Over the years, The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa has garnered a number of prestigious awards, including the ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014, as well as Tripadvisor's Top 25 Relaxation and Spa Hotels for Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Frangipani Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Frangipani Resort Langkawi
- Village Langkawi