“Service is shocking!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 106 Hotels in Langkawi
Port Hedland, Australia
“Service is shocking!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Were do I start..... Despite reading not so great reviews I still booked going on the few good reviews. What a mistake, it's not a cheap place to stay so you would expect high class service as it's rated as 4 on here, well think again.
No where does it say there is no alcohol served at either the bar or resturant so sunset cocktails forget it.
Being English speaking they didn't understand us very well at all you keep getting passed onto the next person who understands your request, and I know I'm in a forigen speaking country but every other hotel we stayed at in Malaysia could understand us.
The phone in the room didn't work so if you want anything off you go to reception.
Breakfast was very average. Didn't even bother with the resturant. Asked for a bottle of water at the pool took the waiter 10 minutes to get it and then wouldn't let me pay for it I had to then wait for him to get me the bill.
Asked for late check out as we were flying out after 3 pm so would be nice to have a shower, no sorry too busy. There was hardly anyone there when we left and would have been happy with just 2 more hours.
We were not told anything about the resort like what was available or on the resort later found out there was a gym and apparently a tennis court!! Didn't even get told about the resturant or bar!!! There is no compendium or directory in The room so just guess where things are and how to use them!! We asked 3 times over 2 days to get the safe fixed which was also not bolted down so anyone could walk off with it!! When the gentleman came to finally fix it he was very helpful and should probably be working on front desk. There was a horrible smell In The room coming from the aircon which made me feel sick.

I will say this though the setting is amazing and it has pontetial to be great it just needs better service for customers. Sorry for rant I just hate paying good money for things that aren't as good as they should be and wouldn't want other people to do the same. Again amazing venue but shocking service.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Claireben12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Despite of all the bad reviews, we still chose this resort for our 3 nights vacation. We were thinking to give it a try. I must say that no regret at all in choosing this resort.

We were greeted warmly by resort's staffs. The check-in process was thoroughly briefs by responsibled receptionist. Reception and lobby area is really clean.

Room is really huge! Clean, new and tidy. Bathroom is superb. Well equipped with modern amenities and gadgets. Supply of pillows are more than enough. Everything us placed aptly accordingly. Huge veranda and quiet ambience really makes you falling sleep easily.

Although breakfast spread is not as much varieties as we thought but you will get all Malaysian favourite breakfast right from nasi lemak to roti chanai. Taste is really good and no msg. Breakfast waiters and waitress really attentive and observant. They will go all out to fulfil your requirements. Personally, I travel quite widely but I must say that these staffs deserve 5 thumbs up.

We will definitely return.

Thsnks for the great hospitality.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Carina S
Male
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been eyeing on their new villas since they launched couple months ago .. finally get to experience a touch of Rizalman's last weekend.

Arrival - greeted by their Front Office Manager and check in was fast.. the bellboy accompanied me to the room and explained the room facilities. Modern design elements with an awesome view!

Luxurious Bathroom - complete amenities. I love the triangle standee where they placed the towels, it comes with hooks. Both rain shower + bath tub provided. loves it even though I only used the shower but its great that we have options! ;)

BUT while in the shower, I can see the walls as well as the floors grouting. That's the only thing that I've discovered lacking in the room. Sorry cant help it, I have a major in interior design so not blaming the hotel, perhaps the contractors doesn't furnish it accordingly. Others are nicely done.

Small breakfast spread but they have a bit of everything ie roti canai live station, eggs counter, nasi lemak, noodles, cereals fruits etc

I later went to the outlet for lunch.. I am a small eater so I cant believe I managed to finish up the steak all by my own. means its GOOD! KUDOS to Chef!

Location - the resort is nearby the airport but quite far from town + 15mins to Chenang.

Room Tip: don't worry.. all rooms in Ombak Villa are facing the ocean so all good!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We arrived early than normal check in time and the room was ready. Check in process very fast..
Concierge waited for us and drove us to our room eventhough it was raining heavily.
Room was more than we expected with breathtaking view.. but we dislike the stairs to our room as our room was on the 3rd floor..
We've been approached by the Operations Manager, Mr. Zabidi during breakfast in making sure we enjoyed our stay. We also saw him in the evening mingled with the other guests at the pool area and they seemed happy.
Overall, I am glad that I chose Ombak Villa for my family vacation.
Thank you to all the staffs and looking forward to come back soon.... :)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Fairuz295
Sepang, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

the resort is fantastic...the new villa, new landscape and good scenery..even it was hot day but we enjoyed our stayed. we was stayed at Mawar 738 and the room si awesome...i got few point and i really hope that management will look into this matter

dusty - rack on top of kitchen was dust till we
TV channel - hopefully you can place HBO channel and maybe movie

Room Service - we order fried keuy teow and club sandwich - the fried kuey teow is good but the presentation was not 5 star....u know what i mean
Club Sandwich worst...please please please this is normal menu in all restaurant and your are 5 star resort
The waitress take our order was ready tot ake our order, sounds tired and sleepy...not repeat our order.
Banana Shake - no ice inside..(i was thinking it will be blend together with ice cube),

Reception - pretty girls but my impression is they are not ready. (no small change even asking their guest to give them small changes) The managers (speaky) was walk here and there without helping or ask his surbodinate.

even its not busy but its not profesional service.

Last word - Keep it up guys:)

Room Tip: call them:) do not trust promise but try ask or talk to them:)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loveones2409
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Only just checked out from this place a coupla hours ago, and i just could not wait to write a review. First impression was brilliant. A beautiful new resort on par with many other resorts we've visited in other parts of south east asia. However, we were hugely let down by the poor service. The staffs at the check in counter were slow and not very accomodating. When we tried to order food via room service, we were passed on from one person to another, and they seem to have difficulty understanding our orders. Cleaning stuff failed to clear our dirty dishes for 2 days, despite reminding them numerous times. Breakfast was ok, but the restaurant was overwhelmed by hordea of customers who were staying at the Sea village.

Bottom line, i feel like the beautiful resort is unmatched by their piss-poor service. It's like they've tried, but they gave up halfway. Such a shame..

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ann H
PPSB-OV-LLR-KMI, Resort Manager at Ombak Villa Langkawi, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Mr Annhugo,

Greetings from Ombak Villa by Langkawi Lagoon Resort, Malaysia.
Let me humbly apologize for the several inconveniences caused to your good self due to some apparent shortfalls in the quality of service and facilities during your stay with us. One of the things we pride ourselves here at Ombak Villa Langkawi is the high customer service standards we provide and I personally want to let you know that we are taking your feedback to our utmost important attention. I have discussed the issues you raised with all the associates concerned especially the issue reflecting bad experience service at the resort. I can understand how disappointing this must have been and I myself am disappointed to know that we have failed to delight our guests.

Thank you for highlighting the positive service elements during your stay. It was so nice to received your lovely comments that you have made about the resort. I will make sure your feedback will be attended and appropriate training to all Head of Departments and staff concerned. I agreed with all of our guests who said that it has been always the staff who make all the differences at least the warm smile that make you feel at home.
Mr. Annhugo, thank you again for your feedback and in the event that your travel schedule ever brings you back to Langkawi, I would be delighted if you would contact me directly at muradhms@gmail.com.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you once again to Ombak Villa.

Thank you.

Murad Mohd Shariff
Resort Manager
Ombak Villa by Langkawi Lagoon Resort
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

it was great hotel and the best hotel that i stayed during my visit to Malaysia,rooms are big,very clean,amazing location, good swimming pool, customer service are so good,this hotel is good for relax,
there 3 types of rooms i recommend to select Ombak Villa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple