“Fantastic family resort”

Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island
Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
“Fantastic family resort”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here. AWESOME. Fantastic family atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. A hive of activity with renovations, but it doesn't interfere with the experience of the resort ( changing for the better). The pools are phenomenal with the kids never leaving, enjoying the water slides. Very central to cenang beach with shopping and food. All I can say is that we are back next year to visit the staff that we now consider family. Thank you shahrul, Mia, nizam, Ain and rania, you guys are awesome.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your kids. Select the family suites with 2 bedrooms as it does get hot du...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Bipakasa

Thank you very much for choosing us again and your positive review .Our heartfelt gratitude for your generosity. We are extremely delighted we have made your stay a memorable one. It was a great pleasure to serve you and it is very nice from you to mention our staff. our main satisfaction is to please all our guests. You know that you may consider Aseania as your home in Langkawi .

Kind regards
from Public Relations Officer Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Though we stayed for a day but our stay was amazing. We stayed in quad-rooms which were pool-facing.
Rooms: Quite spacious with all amenities one needs.
Location: Just 5 minutes walk to the tengah beach. Also close to famous Cenang beach and under-water aquarium.
Service: Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Food: Breakfast buffet was just OK . Should avoid eating at the restaurant.

Will definitely stay again... :)

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms; if travelling with family prefer quad-rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank amazingw0rld
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear amazingw0rld

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review after your stay at our Hotel Aseania Resort & SPA Langkawi. We are very happy to know that you liked our premises that your stay was perfect. If your future travel plans bring you back to Langkawi, we will be delighted to serve you again.

Kind regards

Tripoli, Libya
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed for a week, and it was a great stay, atmosphere was amazing . The staff there is very friendly, helpful and very polite. The room was kept clean and the bed was comfy. The Pool area is big very big, nice with artificial waterfalls and Rainfornt. Special thanks to Mr. Nizam who was so kind and helpful during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Salem E

We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel and that you were fully satisfied with our services. We will be delighted to welcome you back in our hotel, shall your plans bring you to Langkawi again in the future.

Manchester
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We were very nearly put off the Aseania by many of the reviews on here but were so glad we weren't as we had a great time. I'm not sure what some people expect from a fairly budget hotel but we got outstanding service at all times (a special mention to Ira on Reception for all her help) and had a great stay.

My advice is to not just accept the first room offered. We were determined to have a room with a balcony and our first one, although an upgrade to a better class, didn't. The second one was too small so we had a look around and got a great one which was large, had a double balcony and great views over the excellent and expansive pools. Incidentally, there was always loads of sun beds available and the wifi good throughout the hotel, rooms and pools.

The hotel has a newer part where I guess the room are more up to date bout ours in the original part was big, airy and comfortable.
Location wise it's pretty good. The beach is about five minutes walk as are the shops and restaurants. We only used the hotel one for breakfast which had an excellent selection of hot and cold food and something to satisfy everyone. Yes, the Aseania is tired in parts but, if you get your expectations right and don't expect Th e Ritz, I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Off their P
AseaniaResort, Public Relations Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Off their P

Thank you for this review of Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island. It is wonderful to hear that you had yet another memorable experience with us and especially enjoyed the quality of your room (Super Deluxe) and the service you received as a guest of Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island.

Thank you also for having the confidence in us and making Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island your recommendation to others. We wish you a pleasant week ahead and look forward to welcoming you back an again.

Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed March 16, 2014

stayed there in february 2011. dont know whether they have maintained the hotel now. always wanted to write a review for this place but say" i forgot " to do so for 3 years.
our room was good, pool was excellent, its near to the beach, breakfast is lavish and by the pool side.
had a great time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ankur S

Thank you very much for choosing us again. It was a great pleasure to serve you and it is very nice from you to mention our good amenities , poolside breakfast,and its near to the beach.
Our main satisfaction is to please our guests. You know that you may consider Aseania as your home in Langkawi .

Kind regards,
Public Officer Desk
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

It's really sad that the folks here are unable to maintain this place, which otherwise has a grandeur of itself. You'll be surprised by the facts - longest pool in Malaysia, 200+ rooms, etc.

Me and my wife checked in here for 4 nights. While making the reservation, we specifically mentioned that we want non-smoking rooms. When we arrived, we were allotted a room that was stuffy and full of smell of smoke. :/

The buffet breakfast spread is pretty vast. However, there was nothing good about it. We barely manage to grab some toast and eggs. Everything else sucked. (Why paint the cake red with color?)

If that was not all, they hosted a 150-people private party right outside the Laguna restaurant (which is the ONLY restaurant at the hotel). I'll upload some pictures. It's been 3+ hours of blaring music and screaming in the microphone. The noise is so loud that it's disturbing everyone staying in, even in the farthest of rooms. All the guests have to live with it. Because the manager, Mr. Bakri peacefully mentioned - "Sir, it'll get over at 10:30". Just so that you know - the only restaurant at the hotel also closes at the same time. Basically, they don't want you to eat at the so called "Resort" of theirs. Just because they already made enough money for the week!

Clearly, they made some good money for 150 pax and for then, nothing else matters!

Guys, my recommendation to you - There are over a dozen good places in the vicinity (some are much closer to the beach) that are cheaper than this place, have great food places around them and I am sure they have better staff.

Just stay away from this mess and don't be defeated by their *claims*.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Praval
Dear Praval

Thank you for your review of Aseania Hotel & SPA Resort. Firstly we are so sorry to you and your wife having unpleasant experience. Aseania Resort Langkawi is among Langkawi’s top business and also vacation resort hotel, and our aim is do our best for serve everyone in the hotel just like family members & friends and make you like at home….. We are really appreciated your review and our management are seriously look into it take, I will be sure to share this with my team to see how we might improve upon this for the future. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again and look forward to welcoming you back to Aseania Hotel & SPA Resort then.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Let me start by saying that I am a solo traveller who travels 6 months per year every year, and each year on a different continent so I can say that I have a good experience of hotels... Then add to this that I was at the Aseania for 3 weeks in February-March 2014. So I think the assessment I will give you here is pretty accurate since I don't believe you can assess an hotel objectively if you stayed there only a few nights.
As you will read on many reviews, Aseania is not a new hotel. It has been a gem without doubt... it is not anymore, but looks like it is working hard to get back there...
There are good things and not so good things regarding Aseania, but all in all, it is a good choice when you look at it from a price/quality perspective.
The hotel is well located and has the biggest pool in Malaysia ! You go there with children, the "kids" side of the pool with its falls and water slides will make their days. You want a more quiet setting... go on the "adult" side with its trees and shade, very peaceful (or will be if they ever finish the construction of the bar that seems to take forever to be completed...). Yes, it happens that there are leaves in the pool as it is surrounded by trees. But the staff cleans it at least 2 to 3 times a day .
Whomever wrote in their critics that the morning buffet food is terrible is totally unreasonable. The buffet is huge and offers a wide variety of food. It's actually the only place where I could get my daily fix of greens since Malaysians do not seem to eat much veggies so at least I could get a wide variety in the morning buffet, and you can also find all types of foods (eggs, crepes, Chinese food, Malaysian food, etc).
I never had lunch there and had dinner only once. Although I cannot say that I was very impressed with the meal I ordered, I don't think that one meal entitles me to evaluate the quality of their restaurant. Istanbul restaurant located just across the street has an amazing boneless chicken and you have a variety of restaurants all around so finding what you want will not be a problem. Red Tomato, 10 minutes walk from there possibly has the best pasta and pizza on the island ! And, nice touch also, Aseania has a big grocery store next door and many "duty free" within a 10-15 minutes' walk range.
As for the staff, your experience will largely vary depending on who you deal with. Some staff at the reception are exceptionally warm and welcoming, while others are obviously bothered by every customer who walks in. Same can be said for Housekeeping staff. They are currently assigned by "floor" so I strongly recommend that you try to get a room on the first floor (that would be the 1200 series of rooms). During my 3 weeks stay, I would see these two guys every day washing outside balconies, windows, etc. where the team assigned to my floor (2nd floor, 1300 series of rooms) never even cleaned my balcony once during my stay... Guys at the pool are exceptional and will do anything it takes to make your stay memorable !
There is a band at the hotel that plays until about 10:00 to 10:30 at night - can get loud, so if you travel with young children you might want to ask for the "last" building of the hotel, where the sound is a little less aggressive, although it would be a lie to pretend you don't hear ...
The bed in my room was incredibly comfortable, with lots of pillows. Air conditioning worked just fine. Internet can be slow at times, but honestly, compared to other parts of Asia, it's pretty good !
Bathrooms definitely need to be redone. However, plenty of hot water and showers have huge shower heads, so who spends their days in the bathroom when it's 35++ outside ???
I met many couples my age (end of '50s, beginning of '60s) who go there year after year after year, so when people return to an hotel, you know that it's a good value.
The only real bad thing about this hotel is some Saturdays, when "locals' family' from Penang invade the hotel by the dozen... Loud, unrespectful, very unpleasant neighbors, but thank God, they are there for only one night at the time, and by Sunday 12:00, they are all gone... So if you want to make any kind of excursion, I suggest that you do it on the Saturday, eat out, come back late to the hotel, go for breakfast at Red Tomato( who also happens to have an incredible brunch) the following morning and come back to Aseania around 12:00 and you will never know that the hotel was invaded by beasts the night before.
So all in all, I recommend this hotel to you, as much as I recommend to this hotel to continue improving and to try to accelerate the process...
One last advise: you need anything in this hotel, ask for Harith, the "special projects" Manager. I don't know what "special projects" stands for since he seems to be taking care of it all, but believe me, if Harith can't find a solution to your problem, that means there are no solutions to your problem...

Room Tip: 1200 series, the last building of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo