“I'd go again for the pool !!”

Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island
Ranked #46 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I don't know why this hotel has negative reviews, okay maybe it wasn't anything spectacular but I travelled with my family - a total of 11 persons , and we enjoyed every moment spent here. All us cousins would go splashing in the pool infact I spent more time there than at the actual beach! No silly pool dress codes restrictions etc and everything is within walking distance of the resort. Highly recommend it for families esp large groups of people.
The staff is helpful also one of the locks on the room doors wasn't working and they sent someone to fix it. The breakfast was average , finishes early. All in all, good value for the money , and the pool of course !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is affiliated to Legend Worldwide Holiday. We were nervous to read negative reviews but we decided to proceed just to try out luck. We spent 4 days 3 nights, and booked 2 superior connecting rooms. The rooms were good and to our relief, the negative reviews are not true. Yes there were broken tiles and hopefully the hotel management can spend for maintenance. The swimming pool is marvelous and our kids love them. The lifeguards were doing their job well and keeping their eyes on the kids who tried to reach out for the adult swimming area nearby. The breakfast was good and reasonable. Housekeeping was excellent. The hotel is very near to Pantai Cenang shopping bazaars. The hotel has no beach but it is located at walking distance (but quite far for young kids to walk)

The only thing that I wish the hotel could improve is the communication at the reception counter. I found that the trainees were very incompetent (but they were not rude). My request for upgrading the room were not attended. I was given wrong information about breakfast entitlement. I could see that a few officers in charged have to do rescue job whenever complaints were made or wrong information have been communicated to the clients. My sincere advice to the hotel is that they improve on the counter service. By the way, I wish to extend my gratitude to Miss/Mdm Rin/Ria for attending to my request though it was done at the very last minute. Earlier, my reservation was made at ease by Miss/Mdm Ain even though I was given wrong information about the rate in my earlier phone-conversation with another officer.

All in all, I and my family have had a great time in Aseania.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zamhas671
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I like the look of the hotel.The rooms are spacious with large beds.deluxe room comes with two double beds.rooms are clean but the bathroom needs to be re-work.Bathrooms are older than the bedroom and they look tired.very close to the beach but not directly at the beach.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel for 4 nights
When I get in my room I'm so surprise I paid for something not worthy. I feel like I step in the budget motel, the room is old fashion. The curtain is ridiculous. The toilet is not vey nice.The pool open after 9am and close before 7pm. On my first evening stayed there I'm going to the pool with my brothers by the pool closing I went to the pool guy asking for towel he said to me the pool towel is finish I said I need a towel I'm cold and wet he said If u want towel go back to your room and use your room towel. For me this is very rude . Do I paid for this kind of service? I have to walk back to my room in wet and cold. The only thing I like about this hotel they have very strategic location easy access to the shop street where I can walk to the nice place,having my drink at the bar,restaurant everywhere, very close to the beach and convenient for walk

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Aseania Resort Langkawi

Positioned at the end of the Main Street in Kuah, Langkawi the Aseania resort offers an excellent location with shops, beach, restaurants and Underwater World all within close walking distance.

The resort is quite spectacular open first arrival, the use of feature lighting against the tropical Forrest backdrop is very dramatic and complimented by the abundance of water features, pools and massive waterfall dropping into the centre of the resort.

Checking was swift and friendly and staff all Eak good English, we were shown to the room by the concierge which is a nice welcoming touch.

The actual infrastructure of the resort must be quite old with significant signs of deterioration in hallways, elevators and public areas. Fresh paint and carpets is really all that's required to improve the appearance.

The rooms are basic and all display signs of aging however are comfortable, clean and satisfactory. The bathrooms could really do with improvements, our bathroom had broken tiles, toilet not functioning properly and just not up to a 3 or 4 star hotel star standard..

We dined at the Laguna restaurant for a buffet breakfast, food was acceptable. They had a omelet station making fresh meals to order and all the usual juices, coffee, tea, fruits, cereals and hot foods to suit many preferences..

The pools are great and would keep kids entertained for hours or days in the wave pool, water slides, lazy river and water features. Water depth is relatively shallow and could stand every where in the pools..

I'd recommend this resort to family's and those seeking a great central location. I've given a 3 star rating but really this place needs some minor renovation works to maintain that..

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Scview
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just had another great stay, the staff are so friendly and helpful. The choices at breakfast are good, something for everyone. The facilities are great for kids, they can run from pool to pool. Great location easy to reach beaches or restaurants. Rooms are big and beds so comfy.
Can't wait to go back. The management are trying very hard to ensure you have a good stay . The new fountains look great at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stay 1 night a this hotel. Except the pool really nothing good on this hotel. Breakfast was very pool. We enter the cafe at 9am, food already running out. Egg station without anyone, and coffee is running out as well. Mee hoon goreng also running out. all food didnt taste good at all. Room is ok, but only 1 lift is working, another life not function.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family