Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island
$248
$235
Westin.com
$66
The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa(Pantai Tengah)(Great Value!)
$133
  • Breakfast included
$300
$250
$166
Trip.com
  • Pool
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$365
$272
  • Pool
$800
1,070 results
All reviewsunderwater worldcenang beachhuge poolpool sidebuffet dinnerkids poolseafood restaurantfree shopslangkawi islandswim up barnizamdutyparasailing
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Asceania with our 4 year old daughter in April 2013. The pool is sensational, the staff are very helpful and the breakfasts are great.

Unfortunately the rooms and broader hotel amenities are in desperate need of a make-over. We initially had an un-renovated room overlooking the carpark and requested a move to a room overlooking the pool which was happily accommodated by the hotel staff. The bathrooms were not of a high standard of cleanliness and doors / fitting were in a poor state of repair.

The hotel represents good value for money, though if you want a higher standard of amenity you could consider alternatives.

4 stars for staff, pool, Breakfast, and Foyer.

1.5 stars for rooms (particularly bathrooms of a low standard).

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms are available and you should request a pool facing room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BiggTrev
AseaniaResort, Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear BiggTrev,

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your comments about our room and amenities and definitely we will seriously look into the less positive issues you've mentioned. We sincerely apologize for the shortcoming you've encountered and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Wat can I say. I totally agree with JPreusse. Fantastic staff, always smiling. Breakfast was great, ok from a westerners point of view not much. But there are a variety of local foods to eat. The pool was the main reason we stayed there but then we found it was close to everything and it was only a cab ride to Kuah. Highly recommend, was going through renovations at the time, but you could see what was happening. Had no problem with the wifi either, which everyone has been complaining about. Wll be back next year.

• Stayed: March 2013
AseaniaResort, Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Bipakasa,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others. We are pleased to know that you're happy with our fantastic staff that is full of smile and you've enjoyed the great pool that we have during your stay here at Aseania. For your info, we will finish our refurbishment project by this June and absolutely we're ready to welcome you again with our new look next year. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and can't wait to welcome you again next year.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

What can I say the hotel is the right for me. I don't very much like to go to the beach. Their pool perfect for me. Its the biggest pool I think. The room also comfortable have a pool view. Nice bed n hygiene. If Im going to lanhkawi again. I surely choose this resort again. Thanks Aseania giving me best place to rest.

• Stayed: April 2013
AseaniaResort, Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Ainiey,

Thank you for taking your time to write and post this review. We really appreciate your positive comments about our room and pool side facilities. It was a great pleasure having you stay at our resort and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Aaaargh, where do I start with this hotel? I guess I must first clarify that we travel extensively through Asia. Have spent a lot of time in Malaysia so am well used to its peculiar quirks.
When we arrived we were told that another couple were at the check in desk so we should wait in the lounge. A Hotel of this size can only deal with one check in at a time? Ok I think, will just go with it. Don't want to have my usual Malaysian frustration explosion. We sit down and immediately a bus full of Malaysian guests arrive and they are immediately ushered to checkin. Really???? Ask the staff about this. Get the usual shrug of indifference and they scurry away leaving us waiting.
Finally get to check in. All goes very slowly in the usual manner. Then we are shown to our room by a very charming Concierge. Get to room (have booked Super Deluxe) and it is in the old unrenovated wing. Ok deep breath. Room door opens, absolutely REEKS of cigarette smoke despite having requested a non smoking room. Am travelling with my two children so not good. Complain very politely. Solution .... send house keeping with a can of air freshener. Once again, try to go with it. We leave the windows open for two days. No better. Request another room and also question whether we have been put in the Super Deluxe as requested as the original key we were handed at check in was then questioned by a supervisor and a new room allocated. Supposition ... don't give the westerner the good rooms.
High points at this stage, the wifi in cigarette smelling run down room was awesome and the pools are guite good. Although the wave pool, waterfall and lazy river will not be turned on until the resort if full of local tourists.
So I complain, and we are moved to the Super Deluxe room we booked and paid for. All seems well on a first quick look. Living and sleeping area was not as big but bathroom was bigger and we had a bacony. These rooms have been renovated slightly, but it is purely on the cheap and cosmetic. The bathroom still has grout all over the tiles. I try to demonstrate to the staff that this can be removed quite easily and do so with a face cloth. Shrug, incomprehension. Toilet dirty, sink dirty, shower covered in mould, mirror streaked and dirty. Clearly the bathrooms are NOT being cleaned.
Politely ask in the morning if bathroom could be cleaned more thoroughly while we are out for the day. Didn't happen.
Laundry. Don't even get me started. As mentioned earlier we travel significantly through Asia. Can't see a local place to put laundry in so place 1 hotel laundry size bag with reception. Cost? 65 Ringgit!!!!!!!!! In Sing dollars this is almost $30!!!!! In Asia!!!!!
Food? Absolute rubbish. The breakfast buffet is quite simply awful. We don't expect Western food, but even the local food was below average. Also ate lunch here just the once. Average at best but with top prices.
My advise, advoid at all costs. But can highly recommend Casa Del Mare which is where we now spend our downtime.
I write this review from the tour desk in the lobby as it is the only place I could plug in my laptop and get wifi at the same time. The Super Deluxe Rooms have no wifi!!!!!!! Why? Shrug. Some rooms just don't have it.
Only 4 more nights to endure. I am in room 1121 if Management are interested.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a tired hotel.
More focus appears to have been put on the great pools including wave pool.
The rooms are sad,eg paper thin curtains barely wide enough to meet in the middle. Bathroom suffered from mildew and deterioration of woodwork.
Scaffolding outside perhaps indicates that some restoration could be in sight.

Some distance from main town facilities but less than 3 min to beach and also close to some outside eating cafes.

Good buffet breakfast spread.

In room safes would be an asset - the process to use front desk facility was bordering on red tape compared to other hotels in Malaysia.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank 380SL
AseaniaResort, Manager at Aseania Resort & Spa Langkawi Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear 380SL,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is much valued and appreciated. We regret to learn that our service rendered was not up to your expectations. We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. We are currently in the midst of upgrading our rooms and facilities and the inconveniences caused during your visit is very much regretted. Even though we understand that you may not stay with us again, we would like to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort.