“Would stay here again and again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soluna Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langkawi
Soluna Guest House
Calgary
“Would stay here again and again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a week in March 2014. It was perfect and set in absolute tranquility amongst the rice paddies. We woke up every morning to peace, aside from cows mooing and birds chirping, which was exactly what we were looking for. We rented a room with attached bathroom and A/C - no complaints - we felt it was of excellent value. We both highly recommend Soluna Guest House.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Starseed35

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for a week i march 2014. We had been recommended this place from a german friend of ours. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The rooms were very clean and spacious compared to the price. We stayed in a standard room with private bathroom which costed us only 60 ringitt pr night.
I will absolutely recommend this place for both backpackers, but also people traveling on a budget!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank NinaSoberg
Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Dear Soluna! I just want to thank you for a great experience we've got there. Our double room was clean and comfortable. Location is perfect. Atmosphere is calm and relaxed. I wish we could stay more!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vladinka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at Soluna for three nights and it was amazing experience of nature that,we have never experiences this kind of atmosphere. Sounds of birds chirping, cows mooing and hearing the bells tie round their neck, wind blowing and of cause the friendly environment.
We will be back soon

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed at Soluna (my girlfriend and I) for 4 nights in the dorms and were very pleasantly surprised.

The staff are lovely and helpful, The location is a bit daunting at first as you think you are miles away only to realise that it is beautifully quiet and peaceful, but you are still only a 2 minute walk to Cenang beach. The showers are hot and powerful, and above all everything is clean and kept that way. Wifi is good, and plenty of places to lie and read or chill out. They also have a fridge that is only for beers, so you can buy some from the supermarket and keep them cold!

My only niggle was the midges (not mozzies, though they look similar) that are in the toilets early in the mornings, but get the shower going and you're fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidnJo
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay there so much that I changed other Malaysia travel plans to book another week in the tranquillity of Soluna. It is tucked inland about 5 mins from main drag and beach and is all the better for that. Only a couple of years old so everything in pristine condition and full working order. The great mixture of interesting and entertaining people working and staying here adds to the charm. Claudia is a diamond and should be very proud of what she has created at Soluna.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Trippy
Sanremo, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The plan was to hang out on the beach in Langkawi - I basically went once, getting stuck doing Yoga in the garden, chillin in the hammock and hanging out with lovely people in a very relaxed atmosphere. Leaving SOLUNA was really hard - I had the best time during my travels in Malaysia at this guesthouse - I hope I have the chance to return one day.

Everything clean, yummie, cozy and everybody super-friendly. Many thanks to Claudia, her husband and all the lovely ppl met.

Room Tip: I normally do not stay in dorms - but did not mind at all. Quiet and cheap - perfect for me.