“escape from busy life..”
Review of Soluna Guest House

Soluna Guest House
Reviewed July 19, 2013

A short trip to Langkawi let me decide to book a room in this newly build guest house, the image from traveller attracted me so much to try this new guest house, and result is they did not make me disappointed. 4D3N stay in this guest house is consider quite short, should stay more time to enjoy this place.

When we reached the guest house, we did take some time to find it, till i have to call Claudia (owner) to direct me there, actually it is quite simple way to reached, and there have signboard in the road, there have 2 way, 1 way is just besides the small road of Laman Padi, another 1 is at bohor tempoyak road, after go through a narrow way, you will see the guest house in front of you. is really like a "Jack in a box" as comment by other traveller, it is hiding within the outside world.

We have stay in special room which is with aircond & fan (http://www.solunaguesthouse.com/), the room is clean and neat but i not sure there is heater in the bathroom, because i bath for 4 days but seems like no function, but i also forgot to ask them for it. When night time, the water may quite cool as last 2 days of my trip was raining. Besides that, 1 thing be caution is there have quite a lot of mosquito, maybe besides guest house is field, but this is why we choose this guest house, because it is near to natural, so is advisable to bring some mosquito repellent and some medicine apply.

There is a small garden in front of room, and 2 wooden lazy chair is ready there, you may just lay it on night time to enjoy the beautiful starry night. And the breakfast is simple and cheap, you can enjoy it morning time while enjoy the natural scenery, furthermore they did provide map and other attractions info for travellers, you may just ask them for info, and we have take island hopping package from them which cost RM25 per person, Van will come to pick up from guest house to the destination, so we not require to drive out, save time and cost. Furthermore, wifi is provided.

Overall, it is recommended for those people who like natural and simple life. you may try and you will know it. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent 17days in this G.H.

The owners are kind, helpful, and caring well the guests. Spacious and clean rooms and the toilets are newly built, the garden in the middle is well being taken care of, breakfast served with love :) is cheap and nice.

I wish there were some more street lights on the way back to the G.H. from the main road which is 5-10mins far from it, as a woman sometimes it was a bit scary coming back alone, but because of the location it is more calm and peaceful. Surely I will stay there when I get to Langkawi again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I travel yearly to langkawi & have always stayed at 1 or 2 motels just because I'm comfortable with the place.
This time I choose Soluna Guesthouse based on the reviews I've read.
Something told me that I'm gonna regret my decision!!

I managed to find the place after 1 round & was not too pleased with the drive way... But the moment I saw the place, I was surprised!!

It looked clean & homely!!

True enough, when we checked in, I was so damn impressed with the cleanliness because I'm a neat freak & I loved every bit of this place!!!

The rates are super affordable & I LOVE THE SILENCE AT NIGHT!!
Peaceful..... Bliss!! :)

The people were friendly & breakfast served was simple yet fulfilling!!!

I had an amazing time & without a shadow of a doubt I'll definitely book my rooms here when I visit langkawi next!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jeremaiah L
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The owner is so friendly. Initially I couldn't find the guest house location, when I made a call, she immediately ride a motorbike and meet me at a point and guide me to the guest house. Breakfast is cheap and nice. I would love to come back to this guest house in my next trip

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lusjeyee
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm so excited when I found this on the internet. I did my rooms reservation almost immediately. The guesthouse located at the middle of a paddy field. There's a garden with few wooden chairs for us to chit-chat and relax. Since I was traveled with families, so the garden space is perfect for us during the night time. Just grab a beer and relax. The rooms are clean, bathrooms too. I like the huge shower they've installed. Friendly owner & staff. Price are worth it. Missed out the breakfast though. Will try it on my next visit.

Overall is good for Soluna, but just I would appreciate if there can be a little fridge or something for me to chill my beers. I kinda like beers. Cheers and keep it up!! See you again~

Room Tip: You won't want to miss it~~
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KazuyaCheang
SolunaGuestHouse, Owner at Soluna Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

We are happy to read You enjoyed Your stay at Soluna Guest House.

Just wanted to inform You that we do have a mini fridge located at the lounge area near the reception, exactly for this purpose. We appologize, if we didn't point it out to You.

Hope to see you again!

Thanks

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Staying here was a real highlight of an 8 month backpack around Asia - it's clean, comfortable, friendly and a good location (near the beach and main street yet just a short walk away so private, relaxed and quiet). The breakfast is very good and having stayed in both the dorm and private rooms I can recommend both (the dorm has ac included as standard ). The communal area during my 2 week stay there was always sociable, relaxed and filled with good people. Claudia, the lady who runs it, was very helpful with advice about where to go, options about what to do etc. I happily recommend here (and hope to revisit again)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PKernaghan
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've enjoyed a week staying at the Soluna guesthouse. It's a short walk from the main street and is nice and quiet. There is an open area where guests can socialize or just go online. The wifi is strong and there is a platform to do yoga.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple