“Highly recommendable place!”
Review of Soluna Guest House

Soluna Guest House
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent 17days in this G.H.

The owners are kind, helpful, and caring well the guests. Spacious and clean rooms and the toilets are newly built, the garden in the middle is well being taken care of, breakfast served with love :) is cheap and nice.

I wish there were some more street lights on the way back to the G.H. from the main road which is 5-10mins far from it, as a woman sometimes it was a bit scary coming back alone, but because of the location it is more calm and peaceful. Surely I will stay there when I get to Langkawi again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I travel yearly to langkawi & have always stayed at 1 or 2 motels just because I'm comfortable with the place.
This time I choose Soluna Guesthouse based on the reviews I've read.
Something told me that I'm gonna regret my decision!!

I managed to find the place after 1 round & was not too pleased with the drive way... But the moment I saw the place, I was surprised!!

It looked clean & homely!!

True enough, when we checked in, I was so damn impressed with the cleanliness because I'm a neat freak & I loved every bit of this place!!!

The rates are super affordable & I LOVE THE SILENCE AT NIGHT!!
Peaceful..... Bliss!! :)

The people were friendly & breakfast served was simple yet fulfilling!!!

I had an amazing time & without a shadow of a doubt I'll definitely book my rooms here when I visit langkawi next!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jeremaiah L
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The owner is so friendly. Initially I couldn't find the guest house location, when I made a call, she immediately ride a motorbike and meet me at a point and guide me to the guest house. Breakfast is cheap and nice. I would love to come back to this guest house in my next trip

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lusjeyee
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I'm so excited when I found this on the internet. I did my rooms reservation almost immediately. The guesthouse located at the middle of a paddy field. There's a garden with few wooden chairs for us to chit-chat and relax. Since I was traveled with families, so the garden space is perfect for us during the night time. Just grab a beer and relax. The rooms are clean, bathrooms too. I like the huge shower they've installed. Friendly owner & staff. Price are worth it. Missed out the breakfast though. Will try it on my next visit.

Overall is good for Soluna, but just I would appreciate if there can be a little fridge or something for me to chill my beers. I kinda like beers. Cheers and keep it up!! See you again~

Room Tip: You won't want to miss it~~
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KazuyaCheang
SolunaGuestHouse, Owner at Soluna Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

We are happy to read You enjoyed Your stay at Soluna Guest House.

Just wanted to inform You that we do have a mini fridge located at the lounge area near the reception, exactly for this purpose. We appologize, if we didn't point it out to You.

Hope to see you again!

Thanks

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Staying here was a real highlight of an 8 month backpack around Asia - it's clean, comfortable, friendly and a good location (near the beach and main street yet just a short walk away so private, relaxed and quiet). The breakfast is very good and having stayed in both the dorm and private rooms I can recommend both (the dorm has ac included as standard ). The communal area during my 2 week stay there was always sociable, relaxed and filled with good people. Claudia, the lady who runs it, was very helpful with advice about where to go, options about what to do etc. I happily recommend here (and hope to revisit again)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PKernaghan
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've enjoyed a week staying at the Soluna guesthouse. It's a short walk from the main street and is nice and quiet. There is an open area where guests can socialize or just go online. The wifi is strong and there is a platform to do yoga.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saleme
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had have searched many home stay or guest house before I decided to stay with Soluna Guest House.
We all 7 pax as team vacation, 5 stay in dorm, other 2 are husband & wife stay a room.
What a surprise with reasonable price, we got clean room, air con, & fan.
Cozy bed, towel provided.
Nice & delicious ala carte western breakfast. Breakfast not included in room charge.
When we do a reservation via email, we got immediate response from Claudia, the owner, with detail explanation.
The location is perfect, just take few minutes to reach Cenang Beach, along the road with different shops or stalls, & Babylon.
Guest house provides warm & friendly service, the environment surrounding with coconut tress, rice garden, green & fresh air.
Such amazing heaven!
We sat at living room, chit chat thru the nights.
Frankly say, this is the guest house I strongly recommended, so far, I never found such place that so welcoming guest and treat us as true guest!
We're happy and enjoy during stayed with Claudia & MK.
Last but not least, there got many cats around, they're cute ;)
Please, don't hesitate to contact Soluna Guest House, you'll definitely love the environment.

• Stayed: May 2013