“Very authentic”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We ate here for dinner twice! The food was very authentic and really delicious. Would definitely recommend the sushi selection.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I tried this place a year ago and loved it so now when I came back today this was my first choice. I love the really fresh sushi and how well made it is. The staff is superfriendly and helpfull. There is nothing to complain about and a must try on your holiday!

2  Thank Marie N
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a pretty basically furnished eatery in a newish small mall. However, the food belies the appearance. We had a selection of items including California hand rolls, tuna sashimi and gyoza. The latter were probably the best I have eaten but everything we ate was very good apart from Tori Kara age which was still decent. We would return.

1  Thank brentford77
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As we live in Langkawi, we have visited this restaurant many times. We have always had a pleasant experience...friendly staff prompt service and lovely sushi and sashimi.. Their Bento boxes are also great. It is very good value for Japanese cuisine as it is quite expensive elsewhere.
We will definitely continue going regularly.

1  Thank mangoesmichele
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am not sure why this has 1 'terrible' review. I have eaten at a lot of well reviewed sushi restaurants and this was really good in comparison. The staff were very friendly and welcoming too. It was nice to watch our sushi being made at the counter just behind our table. The selection was amazing and inexpensive too. I really loved the seaweed sushi and the prawn tempura sushi. They were all lovely though. I'd love to go back but we're only here a week and want to try as many different places as possible. If I was staying longer I would definitely choose here over many of the other restaurants.

I guess the only reason this got four instead of 5 stars in my review was it lacked a bit of character. It is in a very very small shopping mall, rather than in the bustle of the town, which also meant it was quite quiet. I think they should go and advertise on the street or something to get more people in as it's too easy to miss when you walk by but too good for people to not know about.