“A great find”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love Lebanese food and don't often get it living in Cairns. This place was a bonus on my trip, the owner was very friendly and offered that I taste the wine first before I ordered a glass. It was lovely, I had a great meal. Thanks once again for an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food is very good and the service is excellent. Food price is higher than usual and the bathrooms are horrible!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great food. A little bit on the expensive side but was good for us. We reached a bit late so there were not many people at the restaurant. That worked well for us. The staff was great. Ambience was awesome.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was really craving falafels when my husband and I saw the sign advertising Mona's Lebanese restaurant. Although it was a bit of a walk, (10 minutes from the center of Cenang Beach) are we ever glad we made the trip to this absolutely divine restaurant. I have eaten falafels all over the world, but these were the best. I also had the baba ganoush and it was wonderfully smoky and yummy.

My husband's lamb was tender and delicious - this was definitely NOT mutton masquerading as lamb. It was a huge portion, beautifully presented and super tasty. The cucumber and yogurt salad was a perfect complement to our meal.

We left absolutely stuffed. Although this was the most expensive meal of our Asian trip to date, it was honestly the best meal I have had in ages in any country. My husband had a pouring of Russian vodka to go with his meal and I ordered water. The entire bill was only $35 USD which is nothing for a meal of this calibre in a lovely setting with attentive service.

This is one of a handful of meals in Malaysia when my husband and I were served our meals at the same time and we weren't abandoned after being served. I would love to see this restaurant busy all the time because they deserve it.

If you have had enough curry, rice and noodles, or just want to experience first-rate Lebanese food, you simply must try Mona's. You will be very glad you did.

1  Thank Jan J
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem. The food is wonderful. Better than Al Amar in KL! I would definitely eat here again. We ordered 2 mains and 3 sides between 3 adults and 2 kids. It was enough, but not a scrap was left behind! The staff couldn't have been nicer, even going out on scooter to bring a taxi back for us. Marvellous!