“Great choice”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Singapore
“Great choice”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great food. A little bit on the expensive side but was good for us. We reached a bit late so there were not many people at the restaurant. That worked well for us. The staff was great. Ambience was awesome.

Visited June 2013

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Best meal of our 2 months in Asia”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was really craving falafels when my husband and I saw the sign advertising Mona's Lebanese restaurant. Although it was a bit of a walk, (10 minutes from the center of Cenang Beach) are we ever glad we made the trip to this absolutely divine restaurant. I have eaten falafels all over the world, but these were the best. I also had the baba ganoush and it was wonderfully smoky and yummy.

My husband's lamb was tender and delicious - this was definitely NOT mutton masquerading as lamb. It was a huge portion, beautifully presented and super tasty. The cucumber and yogurt salad was a perfect complement to our meal.

We left absolutely stuffed. Although this was the most expensive meal of our Asian trip to date, it was honestly the best meal I have had in ages in any country. My husband had a pouring of Russian vodka to go with his meal and I ordered water. The entire bill was only $35 USD which is nothing for a meal of this calibre in a lovely setting with attentive service.

This is one of a handful of meals in Malaysia when my husband and I were served our meals at the same time and we weren't abandoned after being served. I would love to see this restaurant busy all the time because they deserve it.

If you have had enough curry, rice and noodles, or just want to experience first-rate Lebanese food, you simply must try Mona's. You will be very glad you did.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jan J
Malaysia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem. The food is wonderful. Better than Al Amar in KL! I would definitely eat here again. We ordered 2 mains and 3 sides between 3 adults and 2 kids. It was enough, but not a scrap was left behind! The staff couldn't have been nicer, even going out on scooter to bring a taxi back for us. Marvellous!

Different places
“Great food, appalling service”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Four of us decided to dine at Mona, two ex residents of the Lebanon, and we found the food very good, but compared to many of the better restaurants in Langkawi, overpriced. However, the service and the attitude of the staff,and, having read a previous review, we assume the owner's wife, was appalling.
We sat outside with the loud music which at our request was turned down slightly but we then informed them that we wished to move tables - they agreed and left us to move tables around etc. When we finished our meal the plates were just left on the table so we moved them elsewhere - the staff being more interested in sitting inside and smoking.
Two of our party are long term Langkawi residents and it is difficult to imagine going back, despite the food, if this is the attitude of the staff. We were made to feel that we were an unwelcome intrusion.

• Visited April 2013
“Food tastes like anything but Lebanese food. Bad expensive food and poor management.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

As Arabs visiting from the Middle East we would know what tastes like good Lebanese food.. We got our orders late and were hoping the food would make up for it. The hummus was horrible. We asked the chef to fix it but he brought it back tasting worse. The meat kabab was chewy and the chicken was dry. When asked by the owners wife why we didn't like the food we explained that the chef wasn't amazing at making Arabic food. AFTER leaving our plates full and paying the extremely high bill, the owners wife decided not to accept our critisism on the chef and food (even though she asked for our opinion). I have never seen an owner speak to their customers the way she did. She was SO rude! Langkawi was perfect but our trip to Mona was the worst part of our trip.