Tanjung Rhu Resort
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
    • Restaurant
    1,454 results
    All reviewsall inclusive packagereading roomsands restaurantsands poolsaffron restaurantsand barcahaya roomroom checkchefs tableprivate beachour honeymoonmangrove tourlow tidefish farmfamily poolfour seasonsamazing beach
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

One would have thought that for the price paid, reliable wifi device in the room would have been a no brainer but despite many feedback on the poor wifi service, the were no improvements. What a shame! Competing at this level, such a resort should focus on choices for its guest. It's 5 star prices but 3.5 star service. I could accept insects in my room being so close to nature but shockingly the 2 insects found in my room were cockroaches, an adult and another juvenile.

• Stayed: May 2013
    1  Thank macaiwar
    relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear macaiwar,
    Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor. I apologise for the apparently unstable WiFi that you experienced during your stay. We are aware that due to the increased number of devices and the incredible increase in the size of downloaded material, we will need to update this capacity. This is in the plans as part of our upgrading program and I trust will be much improved by the end of this year.

We do regularly treat the rooms and public areas for all insects on a monthly basis - sometime twice per month. Whilst we have a complete program to minimise the occurrence, these insects will be still found at times in all the hotel rooms in Langkawi due to the natural surroundings. However, my apologies for this and we will continue to further minimise this aspect in every way possible so you next visit to Paradise will be incident free.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Tranquil and exactly what I was in need of, stunning room stunning service and a beach on the doorstep..absolute heaven... If you just want to get away from it all, then this is the place for you. Not quite as good as it was 10 years ago, but they are now putting that right and should be back to a first class hotel, but you cannot beat the surrounding....

Room Tip: I would say for adults really, as not a lot for children to do.
    • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
    1  Thank jinty M

Dear Jinty L,
    Thanks for the great review and also for coming back to stay with us again after 10 years! I am not sure what it was that was not as good as last time you were here but please feel free to contact me by email to let me know. We are doing lots to upgrade the experience here at Tanjung Rhu and it will be a real pleasure to make sure that all your expectations are more than met when you come back to see us again here in Paradise!
    enzo@tanjungrhu.com.my

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tanjung Rhu was everything i expected and more. I have stayed there many times and highly recommend it to travellers who seek peace and serenity. There is a quota on the number of children on the resort at any one time so you will not be ovrly disturbed by the sounds of squealing and screaming children. The beach is beautiful and so are the rooms and the staff extremely helpful

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank tinafazlita
    relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear tinafazlita,
    Thank you for your wonderfully kind comments and I am so pleased that we have continued to provide a consistent level of service for you over your many stays with us. Of course we are looking forward to seeing you once again when you come Back Home to Paradise!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had huge expectations reading many positive reviews, but they did not deliver, by far...

Positives:
    - The driver who picked us up from the airport was very friendly and made us feel welcome.
    - Rooms are very spacious
    - The private beach which is probably the best on the island
    - Proximity to the mangrove tours

Issues:
    - Rooms are badly in need of renovation, which is currently ongoing
    - Service was terrible. Slow (food took an average of 30-45 mins), some of the waiters and waitresses were grumpy, unbelievable!even though the hotel was not at full capacity.
    - The hotel ran out of coconut water and when they replenished, they only bought 4 more which ran out immediately!
    - It took 3 attempts over 3 days for them to fix our leaking toilet
    - The temperature of the aircon in one of our two Cahaya rooms could not be adjusted up or down.

Lets hope that with the renovation, the service levels improve dramatically. For their own good...

Room Tip: Higher floor room (above the reading room) with seaview
    • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
    4  Thank Right4me

Dear Right4me,
    Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences here on Trip Advisor. I must apologise for the shortfalls that you experienced and can only say that this is not typical of what we offer and who we are at Tanjung Rhu. It was like reading a review about a totally different Resort so I humbly must say "Sorry" and I will be looking to see how we remove the negative service issues completely. I can understand that we may, for example, run out of an item from time to time (eg: coconuts) due to supply issues for these products, but there is no excuse at all for bad service and "Grumpy" staff. The word "Grumpy" should never appear in the same sentence and "Tanjung Rhu" and certainly should not be what our valued guests experience during their precious time here with us!

My apologies also for the room maintenance issues that you experienced. You will have noticed that the rooms are in the process of being fully upgraded as are the restaurants so, whilst we are still very acceptable overall now, I can say without a shred of doubt that you will see a completely different Tanjung Rhu when you next come back to see us here in Paradise!

You can be sure that we have taken this feedback very seriously and "For Our Sake" and for the sake of all our valued guests, we will continue to improve our service levels to be the very best in the world.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We did not know what to expect when we booked Tanjung Rhu. But we were not disappointed at all. Check in was very smooth and the Guest service lady was very amicable and efficient. After check in we went for a really scrumptious lunch. That was the beginning of a truly memorable food journey too.
    We had never expected the food to be this good. Seafood was fresh and absolutely well executed. Do take the all in package as it includes everything except alcoholic beverages.
    You will not be disappointed with the quality and the portions.

The room was a decent size with well appointed modern fixtures. I loved the aromatherapy in the room. Such a nice touch. The fridge was filled with lots of goodies and well all on the house and refilled daily.

The beach was really wonderful. White sands and very clean. We noticed the hotel actually has a beach tractor that kept the sand well raked and clean all the time. There are 3 pools to choose from, the Family pool which was so large, The saltwater pool and the Sands pool for adults only.

Do not miss the Rhu restaurant for fine dining. Delicious meals all the time.
    If we had to nit pick we just thought the wait staff need to be trained better and to improve their service levels. Other than that a fantastic place to stay in while in Langkawi.

Room Tip: Take an afternoon trip to Kuah town for some retail therapy. Many items are tax free and well worth the trip. If you love chocolates you will be in Chocolate Heaven. Take the larger rooms which we feel are better appointed and more spacious.
    • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lin5858,
    Thank you for the great review and I am extremely pleased that you stay was all you expected and more. I can see that you are particularly interested in food and I am thrilled that you enjoyed the dining experiences and were able to fully appreciate the All Inclusive Package as it is great value indeed. We are always targeting to improve so we will be on top of any service issues immediately so that your next visit to Paradise is completely seamless and equally as "fantastic" as your first.