It was overall a pretty good experience that we had staying @ Tanjung Rhu, yet there are a few things that it can definitely improve to have it being maintained the second best resort in Langkawi. And I do wish the hotel the best, as there staff always welcome us with friendly greetings, which is definitely a big PLUS.
1. Greets from the staffs , 2. Very Nice Beach , 3. My room was clean (Sea-facing room with two balconies) , 4. Good Food , 5. The massage at Jiva Spa
I wish that the concierge can be more helpful with our sightseeing plan, as when I was making my plans with them, none of them have mentioned about the Cable Car nor Bat Cave, until I was with another guide who told me that the Cable Car is a Must-Go preferred by most of the tourist. Yet, it was already too late as we just have to leave the next day.
And I was pretty dissappointed at how I received a note slipped under my door telling me that the Rain Forest trip that I have booked with the hotel TODAY have to be cancelled because the tour guide can't make it due to family emergency. I understand that things like this happen, yet, what dissappoint me is that I don't seems to see that the hotel had try their best to resolve the situation by finding us another tourguide or by calling another touring company to take care of us. It seems to me that they just pass on the message and expect us to accept it and just spend the day at the hotel or make our own plan. However, when I go to the concierge to insist that I have to visit Rain Forest, they did arranged another tourguide for me the next day. As I mentioned above, they are nice people, but sometimes I just wish that they can be more proactive in trying harder to resolve problem like such instead of having the guest to suggest resolutions and push things hard (it causes stress.....you know...)
Please don't take me wrong as I very much appreciate the nice smile of all the staffs, and I do wish Tanjung Rhu all the best and wish to come back to find it improved to become a even more better hotel. But I also wish that the managements would understand that Langkawi definitely has much much more to offer than just a romantic beach and sun bath, It has rainforest and cable car and night life and everything, I wish they can take better advantages of these features of this beautiful island by offering more help in the guests' sightseeing plans.
And One final complain will be the changing room at the Jiva Spa. It smells AWEFUL. And we were asked to go inside to get change for our spa treatment. And after our very enjoyable nice massage, the masseur open the door of the change room while I was still on the massage bed and the smell coming out from it definitely ruin the overall experience of the nice treatment. Please please please work on it.
Anyways, it is a nice hotel with friendly staffs. I saw some comments saying that it's not clean, which is not true. It is nice and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanjung Rhu Resort, nestled in the shade of casuarinas over 2.5km white sandy beach, is one of Asia’s finest boutique resort renowned for its scenic views, impeccable service and gourmet fine dining. This is a place for romance, privacy and tranquility. The 136 luxurious suites Tanjung Rhu lies at the northern tip of the Langkawi island of Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanjung Rhu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjung Rhu Hotel Langkawi