Tanjung Rhu Resort
Bon Ton Resort(Pantai Cenang)
$170
The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa(Pantai Tengah)(Great Value!)
$133
  • Pool
$300
$250
LuxuryCollection
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$366
$308
Agoda.com
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
$266
$395
$276
Taj Hotels
  • Pool
Hotels.com
1,470 results
All reviewsall inclusive packagereading roomsands restaurantsands poolsaffron restaurantsand barcahaya roomroom checkchefs tableprivate beachour honeymoonmangrove tourlow tidefish farmfamily poolfour seasonsadult pool
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Tanjung Rhu for 7 days last month and I cannot praise the resort, amenities and exceptional staff enough. As others have already stated there is renovation work going on there at the moment but we heard no noise and there was no disruption to guests whatsoever. From the moment we completed our registration in our room (a really great start to the holiday as there was 'pop' on ice and fresh fruit awaiting us) every single minute of the day and night was just wonderful in every way. Our room was huge with balconies front and back, in hindsight I wish we had booked a room overlooking the sea but we had great views anyway and didn't spend too much time in there as we were too busy on the beach or in the pool!! We opted for the all in inclusive package and so glad we did. The food is delicious, not once were we disappointed and we tried all the different cuisines. There are no added charges for room service either!! Food can be ordered 24 hours a day, i promise no-one would go hungry! On our second evening we went to 'meet and greet the management and other newly arrived guests' drinks and canapés were constantly being handed out and staff mingled with the guests. I was a bit disappointed not to be introduced to Enzo the GM who was present at the 'meet and greet' but other staff were welcoming and utterly charming. Now for the staff: I can honestly say everyone from the guy that picked us up from the airport, reception staff, concierge, housekeeping, staff in the restaurants and ground workers would all go out of their way to greet you morning, noon and night with a smile and hello. Nothing would be too much trouble for them whatever your request. They are such genuinely nice people I could not pick an employee of the week if I tried!! I never usually write such long reviews but I can't praise the resort or staff enough and I hope we can return home to paradise in the not too distant future!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Pajan,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It was great to know that you had such an enjoyable time and I am so pleased to read that you were so impressed with the staff and the service. I have to agree that it is not just the service levels that is apparent but especially the genuineness and warmth of the service from all the staff that makes one feel so special. “Smiles from the Heart” is what we say exudes from all the wonderful people who make up the Tanjung Rhu Family! I am so sorry that I did not get the chance to meet and talk with you at the guest cocktails - I too am disappointed to hear of this. I try very hard to get around and meet everyone at these gatherings and I am not sure why I missed meeting you and my apologies once again for that. I am pleased however that the other staff were able to spend some time with you and make up for my shortfall. I promise not to make that mistake again when you come Back Home to Paradise next time - I'll be there to greet you with open arms!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had high hopes for this resort. All was just about perfect apart from the room allocated to us. This really did let the resort down. However, we all know that even in the best of places, things sometimes don't go according to plan, so for me, the mark of a good hotel is how the problem is sorted out. Within a couple of minutes of voicing my complaint, we were offered another room, we had been spoken to by both the day manager and the general manager and a bottle of wine for the inconvenience was placed in our room. The General Manager is one of the best we have encountered in all our travels, constantly in the resort, mingling with the guests, eating at the restaurants and very accessible.
The staff are second to none, extremely friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble.
Three restaurants, two of the Rhu and Saffron are just about perfect, the third in my opinion has a little was to go to catch up but nevertheless still ok.
The beach, pools, gardens, spa are spotless. Love the adults only pool, great idea for perfect relaxation. Ample sunbeds so no rush to get your spot, plus they have little green flags on them so if you want something just raise the flag, no need to get up. Add to that the lovely staff who come around and bring you cool towels and fresh fruit, what more could you want or need.

The resort is going through a major renovation programme as the rooms are looking tired, the initial one we had was just not up to scratch, however, the newly renovated ones are perfect, so in our opinion, when the rooms are done this resort will have all the elements to make it the perfect place for a relaxation holiday as the location for a beach holiday, doesn't get much better than this.

Opt for the All Inclusive, excellent value for money.

Dear Kristall 123,
It was wonderful to meet you both while you were staying with us and I am very happy to know that you had a great time overall. Thank you for your very positive review and comments. We will be continuing to build on what we have here at Tanjung Rhu to make everything even better and be become perfect. We are taking all these steps at the moment and I have no doubt that we will achieve our Vision of being the Number 1 Luxury Resort Destination in Asia "soon". I am extremely proud of the staff that makes a tremendous effort every day to provide guests with such warm and sincere service. This along with the spectacular location and constantly improving facilities will provide our guests with everything they need for a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday in a place aptly considered by many as Paradise! I look forward to seeing you back Home some time soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Malaysian run hotel is simply paradise. It has a perfect location, long (2,5 km) white sandy beach that never seems to get full, its own island you can wade out to at low tide, and a level of service you do not get in Europe or the Carribean. Several different restaurants - something for everyone. The "All Inclusive Package" is excellent value - everything is included except for alcohol. We have been here 4 Easters in a row - our second home. It is laid back, yet very professional. Lots of activities and good facilities (reading room in the middle of the day is nice and cool). Good place for family and friends (we have taken others with us + sent colleagues here). Good feedback from them too.

Room Tip: Although we always ask for the sea view rooms, we are only in the room to change before dinner. Rooms have always been fine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Adam B,
It is wonderful to hear from you and thank you for the great review. I am so pleased to know that you are one of our special Tanjung Rhu Family members and that we have made a special place for you to call Home - a place where you and the family feel that you can come back to time and time again. I guess we will need to get your rooms ready again soon and make sure the Easter Bunny has all your treats redirected to your Second Home here in Paradise. I look forward to welcoming you all back Home soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Pure paradise! We visited this resort in December and had a wonderful time which was helped by the stunning views, white sands and warm clear sea Our room was absolutely lovely, large and airy with a bath with sea views! Two balconies either overlooked the sea or natural swimming pool. We opted for the All Inclusive deal which was really good value, particularly as all the resteraunts served lovely food especially the Rhu which was spectacular. A string quartet serenaded us while we ate under the stars.
The spa is highly reccomended and the massage was out of this world, leaving us totally 'blissed out' .
The staff and extremely high level of service made us feel very special and contributed towards it being a truly magical and memorable experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BoliviaD
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear BoliviaD,
I am happy to know that you have discovered the Magic of Tanjung Rhu. I loved your review which summarised beautifully the great aspects that make this part of the world "Pure Paradise". I am glad that you felt special while you were here as this is exactly how everyone should feel when they are on a special holiday and we look forward looking after you and making you feel like a special part of the Tanjung Rhu Family again when you next come Back Home!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our agent put us onto this resort for our summer break and we stayed 10 nights here in a Bayu Senja room. After reading all the positive reviews on tripadvisor, we had high hopes that our stay would be terrific. We were not disappointed.
The room, grounds, pools, restaurants and especially the staff were all fantastic. The all inclusive package was good value as you could eat what you want, when you want.
There is currently upgrading occurring but was on hold until the end of January, so there was little, if any disruption during our stay.
The upkeep of this resort is nothing less than amazing with staff cleaning, gardening and maintaining all aspects of the property every day, from the grooming of the beach to the pruning of any plants that needed it.
Food was very good for what is an isolated resort, with plenty of variety from the three different restaurants. The staff were always willing to help with anything, always with a friendly smile.
Special mention needs to go to staff members Triyono and Caren at the sunset pool and Rhu restaurant as they were always very attentive, however we could fault none of the staff, anywhere!
The GM, Enzo even contacted us on our last day to inform us that as we had a later flight, there had been a change in a booking and we could keep the room until 5pm,. Very nice touch.
All in all, a most enjoyable holiday in a wonderful location, made even moreso by the warm and caring staff. Well done!

Dear D-&C-11,
Thanks for the review and it was a pleasure to meet you both while you were here. I am pleased that your agent told you about Tanjung Rhu and even more pleased that you were not disappointed with the decision to come and stay with us for your "relaxing holiday" this year. Thank you for the nice comments about the service and I am sure all the warm and caring staff will be very pleased, as was I, to read this - especially the great Triyono and Caren. I hope that we will see you again one day soon when you come back Home to see us in Paradise!