Tanjung Rhu Resort
  • Pool
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
    1,453 results
    All reviewsall inclusive packagereading roomsands restaurantsands poolsaffron restaurantsand barcahaya roomroom checkchefs tableprivate beachour honeymoonmangrove tourlow tidefish farmfamily poolfour seasonsamazing beach
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed November 28, 2012

My family stayed 3 nights and 4 days at the resort. It was wonderful! We booked an all inclusive package for the stay and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the resort. The service was excellent. Every hotel staff we met is helpful and friendly. We took the mangrove and island tour, did the sand walk and spent the rest of the time relaxing at the resort. It's money well spent! We are definitely going back!

Mrs Lam
    Singapore

• Stayed: November 2012
    relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Joenelnkids / Mrs Lam,
    Thank you for the great review and I am very pleased that you and the family enjoyed the environment and service here at Tanjung Rhu! It was pleasing that you to note that the All Inclusive Package met your needs well. I was pleased to read that you will definitely be coming back and we all look forward to welcoming you back “Home to Paradise” sometime soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked the Tanjung Rhu based on its secluded location and view of a gorgeous sunset. We were not disappointed. We went the day after a week-long Chinese holiday concluded and practically had the resort to ourselves. The view of the bay is stunning with two limestone monoliths accessible at low tide. The beach is amazing, perfect white-sugar sand you dream about. The rooms are spacious suites and the staff were lovely. We had not told the hotel that it was my birthday, but they must have made note upon seeing our passports. Housekeeping made a swan out of towels for me on the bed and scattered beautiful orchids about. Later there was a delicious personal birthday cake waiting for me in our lounge complete with candle and matches. The staff were extremely attentive and the attention to detail was greatly appreciated. They have two reading rooms complete with books and magazines for lending in several languages. Unfortunately I did not use the spa, but would have liked to, as it looked quite inviting. They have three pools, one of which is salt-water with plenty of comfortable lounge chairs. The service on the beach was very efficient. I have recommended this resort to my friends and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Most of the towers do not have an elevator. If you have trouble with stairs, I suggest requesting a ground floor room. Most rooms do not have an ocean view, but a view of the pools, as the hotel is built into the landscape.
    • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank mrskat99

Dear mrskat99,
    Thank you so much for your kind review and I am so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable and relaxing holiday with us here at Tanjung Rhu. The location, environment, staff and sunsets are all truly wonderful and it is nice to know that this all came together for your Perfect Getaway! Thank you for recommending us to your friends and I will be most pleased to welcome you "Back Home" when you return to Paradise!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Tanjung Rhu is sorely in need of a major rehab (which is now in progress). Physical facilities look a little bit tired. Its success still lies in its unbeatable location and good service staff. One of the things which we were impressed with when we first stayed there 12 years ago (!) was the fact that every single member of the staff, including the grounds keepers, maintenance staff, would greet you at any time of the day.
    The most disappointing and glaring flaw was the poor quality of the food. Apart from the buffet breakfast (pretty standard mix of Asian and Western), the a la carte food was definitely not worth the prices they charged. We ate only at the Sands (coffee house), which also offered the menu from the Saffron (Mediterranean) e.g. pan-fried sea bass was tasteless with slight hints of butter, two long french beans, two sorry-looking fried tomatoes; laksa Johor had nothing in it except bean sprouts and some cut chilli; roast chicken rice was awful (hard, overcooked or stale chicken meat, questionable tasting soup, mushed-up chilli/ginger that was practically liquid(; kampung fried rice was okay (average); club sandwich was edible; caesar salad was ho-hum.
    NOT value for money -- over-priced, poor-quality food.
    One more thing -- our room was directly above the reading room so we were "treated" to the tedious tinkle of the piano every night. I thought Richard Clayderman was bad enough!
    We escaped one night to eat at Bon Ton on the south end of the island (30 mins away).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MVoon,
    Thank you for your kind review and for staying at Tanjung Rhu Resort. As you have mentioned we are in the process of upgrading rooms and I hope that you will have the chance to try these when you next return.

I am somewhat surprised by the comments on the food quality but am happy to advise that we have a wonderful new menu in the Rhu Restaurant as well as in the recently reopened Saffron Restaurant. We have been receiving many positive comments from guests on the new selections. The Sands Menu is currently under review and will be reintroduced soon as well. I am certain that these new menus will enhance what was already a well accepted range of food options and I look forward to your feedback on this when you return. I feel the pricing of the menus are competitive compared to other quality restaurants in Langkawi and especially good value if you take our All Inclusive Package.

Regarding the music, my apologies if this was disturbing to you. We could have moved your room if this was a concern during your stay. That being said, most guests enjoy both the pianist's repertoire as well as our usual 4 piece string quartet who will be returning to Tanjung Rhu very soon. Thank you again for your feedback and trust that you will see the differences when you return to Paradise!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Absolutely LOVED this resort, everything was just fabulous...the staff were all impeccable, they were so hospitable, the food was fantastic, the pool gorgeous...I cannot fault it at all (except a minor issue with a room change...THEIR fault...which was not handled well, and we lost valuable time on our final day)...but it didn't detract from our overall enjoyment of our stay here...

We called in 'next door' to the Four Seasons Hotel...and found it to be too 'clinical', whereas the Tanjung Rhu was such a friendly place, that made everyone really feel at home...

it really was a wonderful way to celebrate 25 years, we had such a chill-out experience :)

Room Tip: no lifts, so if you're unable to walk well, avoid those on top floor!! But these have best views though...
    • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear juliebuck,
    Lovely to see your review and I am pleased that you had a FAB time with us while celebrating your special wedding anniversary. My apologies for the room change issue that occurred during your stay and I am pleased to know that this did not detract from your positive experience overall. It was wonderful to see that the friendly familiarity of the staff and service was to your liking as this is the pleasant and warm service experience which is typically "Tanjung Rhu"! I hope that you will be able to come and see us again soon so that we can welcome you "Back Home to Paradise".

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was looking to book a hotel in Langkawi for an upcoming Wedding Anniversary and after reading some previous reviews about the Tanjung Rhu I was a bit apprehensive. I contacted reservations to see if anyone would be able to answer some questions and address any concerns that I had.

I was very impressed that the general manager of the hotel called me to discuss my concerns and assure me that we would have an enjoyable stay for our upcoming special occasion. He also gave me some great ideas of things I can do to enhance our stay and make the trip a memorable one.

I am incredibly impressed with the service received so far and I am looking forward to my trip in February after which I'm sure I'll be leaving a more detailed review!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Mr. Patel,
    Warm Greetings once again and it is wonderful to receive a review based on the service received before a guest even has stayed at our Resort. I am sure that you will have an enjoyable and memorable experience whilst you are with us. I am looking forward to meeting you and making it a very special and memorable time for you and your wife on the occasion of your special wedding anniversary with us here in Paradise!