“Amazing place, Amazing rooms, Amazing Service”
Review of Tanjung Rhu Resort

Tanjung Rhu Resort
Ranked #9 of 105 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited back in 2009 and I've only just got around to reviewing. There's not much i can say about this place apart from that it is amazing. The rooms are large and well appointed. The beach is one of the best I've been to. The Rhu restaurant is fantastic and we tried to eat there as many times as possible. This is the only place I would stay in Langkawi.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear VinayTanna,
Thank you for the Amazing Review and for taking the time to post it even 3 years after you were here in Paradise. Well, it must be getting close to the time (even overdue I think!) when you should be considering coming back "Home" to see us once again. It will be great to meet you and look after you all over again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I went to the Tanjung for my honeymoon for 3 nights here in september 2012.We came from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi with a domestic flight. We were recievd by a chauffeur at the airport and this was the start to our amazing experince of the resort. From the moment you step into that car and to the last moment when you check out the Tanjung Rhu Resort gave us a honeymoon that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Peace and tranquility, elegance, style the hotel was amazing!! the rooms were spaciuos, the beach was the best I have ever seen and the whole resort was just a sight for sore eyes. I came from London and had high expectations and reading all the reviews on trip advisor I made up my mind. But the whole experience exceeded my expectations. Me and my wife just looked at each other amazed by the tranquility and scenery of the resort. I recommend that you hire a car which is very cheap out there because the resort is secluded and if you want to see the Island then we would never recommend the expensive taxis, see the Island its beautiful!! Maulud who works at the resort gave us so much honest information about the island that we felt comfortable and safe just discovering the island on our own with our own car! Cable Car, waterfalls, safari park, night markets....there is so much to see. The view from the hotel of the sea and Tanjung (small island) is just breathtaking! The staff were friendly to a level that is far from any expectations, they greet you everywhere and smile like its fixed on their faces.
Go and see it!! this is the best resort in Langkawi and I would recommend anyone to go there and be pampered like kings and queens!! The only problem for me is the food, apart form the breakfast (buffet) which was good the lunch and dinner menu was too expensive and the meals were not that great! I had a car so we went out most of the time to eat, but dont let that put you off, If your looking for beauty, relaxation, great service, and beautiful rooms go to Tanjung, you will not be disappointed, I could go on forever but come and see for your self. Its very hard to be dissappointed. Banu Senja rooms are the best!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Dipu30,
Thank you for the fabulous review and I am so pleased that your honeymoon in Langkawi was such a "Wow" experience. It makes all of us here at Tanjung Rhu feel so great when we know that firstly you have had an experience that you will always remember and secondly that we were able to exceed all of your highest expecations - that to us is really "Wow" so thank you for sharing this with us. I was concerned that you had some issues with the food options - we generally receive good comments so this is an area we will continue to focus on for sure. Next time please consider he All Inclusive option as this really is great value. We all look forwrad to seeing you back in Paradise some time soon so that we can look after you all over again.

P.S. Thanks for mentioning Maulud and I am sure that he will be thrilled to know that he was able to assist you in having the perfect honeymoon here in Paradise!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

From the moment of arrival, the welcome, the atmosphere, the delightful attention of the staff and wonderful people looking after us, this choice was the perfect location for a honeymoon. Peace and tranquility, elegance, style, fabulous cuisine, choice of cuisine - from formal to individual, casual to gastronomic. Local cuisine was in abundance if you wanted it. Wonderful private dining on the beach for a special evening. Great for relaxing by the sea and pool complex - the surroundings make you feel in heaven - with waiting staff to attend to your needs. A Must Try place - but don't tell too many people...please! (date June 2008 - but still dreaming!)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JonnersInfusion

Dear JonnersInfusion,
Congratulations once again on your new life together and thank you so much for sharing your special honeymoon experience with us here at Tanjung Rhu. It is wonderful to hear that we have made a couple's honeymoon so memorable and perfect so thank you for sharing this in your review. We can't wait to welcome you back Home to Paradise when you can make it back to see us - perhaps for a special anniversary surprise!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This resort is ideal for a relaxing escape and pampering holiday. From the start of our stay the friendly and well-trained staff greeted us by our names and remember our names throughout our stay, and are very helpful with your food and drink requests. The resort is very clean and the rooms are spacious and well-maintained. The private beach - white soft sand - is kept clean ever day when we were there.
We selected an all-in package which much to our surprise entitles us to a la carte. The food is very good, the breakfast spread is generous. They were renovating in stages, but our stay was not affected.
Tip: Recomend to go for the best rooms with FULL sea-front view, away from restaurant (think of kitchen cooking smell). Book a sun-set sail on private yacht with dinner on board, Go on boat-trip to watch the sea-eagles, and tour the mangrove swamps.

Room Tip: Pamper yourself and go for the best room with full sea-view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Silverlucky

Dear Silverlucky,
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review of your stay. I am so pleased to see that you had an ideal, relaxing stay with us here in Paradise. I was pleased to read that you felt pampered enjoyed all the resort facilities. Just one thing I noticed is that you had given us top ratings of 5 out of 5 for all the individual elements - "Value", "Location", "Rooms" etc - but only a 4 out of 5 overall. Could you perhaps send me a note on :
enzo@tanjungrhu.com.my
to let me know what it is we need to do to ensure you give us an overall 5 put of 5 the next time you come back "Home" to see us.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

this was my first time to langkawi,it was such a good experience.The resort is clean and spacious,staffs are friendly,well-trained and efficient.Clean beach n decent food choices.Watching sunset n having dinner at The Rhu was great.Relaxing stay overall.

Room Tip: get a seaview room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharonjy

Dear sharonjy,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us here at Tanjung Rhu Resort. It is great to know that you had a nice time and I do hope that you will be able to come and join us once again when you are ready for another relaxing stay in Paradise!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This resort is just fantastic! We stayed with our 2 children (aged 4 and 6) and had a wonderful time. Extremely helpful staff, great food (we booked all inclusive which normally makes me think of budget buffets, but at the Tangjung Rhu it's a la carte and really good). They are renovating, but the only thing we noticed was that one of the restaurants was closed (the other 2 were so good that we didn't miss the third). I also loved the concept with the pools (1 pool only adults, so at the family pools my children could play all they liked). The view is amazing. We simply loved it!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Avelden,
Your review was just "Fantastic" as well. Thank you so much for both staying with us and for taking the time to provide such great feedback. I am so pleased that the whole family enjoyed all the different aspects of the stay here at Tanjung Rhu and I will be looking forward to welcoming you all Back Home to Paradise some time very soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel is absolutely fantastic. The beach is clean and the most beautiful one I have seen in my life. The food is good, rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. Only their car rental is very expensive, however they can call up airport rentals for guests and those are very cheap.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DCSM_0414
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear DCSM_0414,
Thank you for your very kind review and I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable time with us. As you say, the beach is beautiful and really enhances that feeling that one is truly in Paradise! I hope that we will be able to see you again when you come back "Home".

Warmest persoanl regards,