We have just returned from 5 relaxing days at a little slice of paradise called the Berjaya Langkawi Resort and feel like we have left behind a good friend. If you are after the slick 5 star experience with everything “laid on” just a short stroll from your hotel room don’t choose the Berjaya. Berjaya’s charm lies in its breathtaking natural beauty and it’s friendly, relaxed, laidback ambience.
It is a big resort with individual chalets nestled amongst acres of beautiful tropical rainforest gardens. So you need to be prepared to either do the 10 minute walk through the beautiful grounds (not a hardship really!) or if it’s too hot to walk, you need to be prepared to wait for a pickup from your chalet (we never waited more than 5 minutes – not a big problem at all)
The beach is beautiful – lots of deck chairs under large umbrellas, beach volleyball and soccer if you want it – but most people, including us, seemed to be happy with swimming in the warm waters and then relaxing on the deck chairs and enjoying the amazing views.
The pool is also very good – again lots of shady spots if you want them – plus snacks and drinks available from friendly staff and ½ price cocktails in the early evening with a local band to serenade you.
We chose a Premier Land Chalet as we were looking for a bit of extra comfort and we were not disappointed. The room was beautifully appointed and the views magical. We loved to lie on the deckchairs on our veranda in the early evening and listen to the gentle lapping of the waves, watching the sky slowly turn to soft amber while we decided which restaurant to try. There are 4 choices which was enough for us and there is entertainment in the Lobby Lounge later in the evening (the staff in the Lobby Lounge were so friendly and seemed genuinely interested in where we were from - we miss them!) Again, this is all very laid back – if you are after action, loud music and dancing into the wee hours this is not the hotel for you.
We enjoyed some pampering at the Spa which is good value as you are able to make use of all of their facilities even if you are just booked in for a manicure (although perhaps this may not be the case when the Spa is very busy during high season). The large pool size Jacuzzi is a real treat, and there is a sauna and steam room.
We also enjoyed Dev’s evening nature walk. He takes you right up through the twisting paths to the very back of the resort and to the edges of the jungle. Dev is very informative and passionate about preserving the ecology of the resort and Langkawi as a whole. As the night closes in and the evening breezes start to stir you have a lovely view back down to the water and get a real appreciation of just how large and incredibly beautiful the resort is.
We were sad to leave at the end of our 5 days and are hoping to return one day soon. The Berjaya is not a glitzy 5 star resort. It is a beautiful, friendly, relaxed piece of paradise and we give it 5 large hearts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort