We spent 10 days in Langkawi in December 08, and wished it was longer!
We were a little cautious as to how we would like this hotel and did not have high expectations, but we really liked it!
Our 'hut' was small but adequate, the transport was there at a call on the phone, to take us to the central hotel, in fact they were very good in ensuring that we had prompt service and tried their utmost to help as I have some mobility difficulties. After eating at the various restaurants there was always an electric buggy called to the restaurant itself to return us to our room.
It was a little crowded over Christmas, but it was possible to avoid the crowds and large numbers of children and to escape to the beach, where there were good sunbeds, towels and shade and a lot of peace! Waiters came along to bring drinks etc at regular intervals and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.
We ate in most of the restaurants and found them all good, with a variety of items on the menus, but the Oriental Pearl, (Chinese restaurant) was oustanding in it's food, service and friendliness, and it was very pleasant to eat on the terrace outside, (the inside area was cold - air con too effective!)
Breakfasts were good, but it does pay to go early when there are a lot of guests around. We were pleasantly suprised to see all of the area managers around and talking to the guests, this a rare thing in our experience, and everyone was approachable and friendly and couldn't do enough to make us welcome.
The cablecar to the summit of the highest point on the island is very close and the hotel run a complimentary shuttle bus to it. You need to check that it is running before you leave and the hotel will do this for you and you can pay before you leave. If you don't go early or later in the day, the queues to exchange your ticket voucher and then to queue for the cable car can be a couple of hours on busy days, but it worth the wait to see the views from the top.
The area is set in an 'Oriental Village' which has very competitive prices for food, drinks, cigarettes, clothes etc and is much cheaper than the hotel.
Overall, we thought the services provided by the hotel were good, from getting taxis for you to fixing problems.
Our room was good but the bathroom could be improved by redecorating and updating it a bit, but it all worked!
We would probably try to avoid the high season if we return, but it was a good experience which we hope to repeat, especially if you like peace and enjoy watching the wildlife!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort