Stayed here for 4 nights at beginning of January. We stayed in a rainforest chalet as opposed to a seafront chalet and, as far as the room itself goes, exceeded our expectations. The chalet was on a cul-de-sac away from the hustle and bustle of the main area, so we were lucky in that respect. Despite the warnings on the door we, sadly, did not encounter any monkeys. The chalet was spotlessly clean, with a lovely, well-appointed bathroom and luxurious rain-shower. The bed was comfortable. Be warned though - the sound of various creatures from the rainforest can be near deafening but you will get used to it fairly quickly. The shuttle service which brings residents from their respective chalets to the main beach and dining area was reasonably efficient. You just press 4 on the phone and it arrives, although on one occasion they were quite late but that's being very picky. My girlfriend and I were celebrating a two-year anniversary and they quietly placed a cake in our room, which was an extremely nice touch. The pool is great too with a nice sunken-bar and comfortable deck-chairs, and it never gets too crowded.
The only downsides was the quality of the food which was a little disappointing as there aren't places conveniently nearby to eat instead. However, the Thai restaurant which is situated at the end of a long jetty out in the sea was excellent and staff there were extremely nice. The main reception area and dining areas could also do with an modernising upgrade as it is looking a little tired. The beach was beautiful too but unfortunately at the time of our stay, a swim in the water was frustrated by odd stinging creatures in the water, which meant we could not stay in for too long. Of course, this has nothing to do with the resort and I'm not sure if these creatures are there year-round or if they just like attacking Irish skin! Overall, would still highly recommend this resort if you want something a little different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort