“Beautiful location in Langkawi”

Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The beach was lovely for kids as well, and we were there every day during our stay. The pool has a kids pool , quite convenient as can let kids stand and play on their own 2 feet without having to carry them in the deep water all the time (my kids are 4 and 1 1/2 years. Only snag is kids pool has a lot of sand at the bottom.
The hotel buggy system is also fun. As kids enjoy the ride every time from the lobby to the room, and back. Also, if you go all the way to the Thai restaurant for dinner ( do call earlier to book a table, as they may be fully booked) , the buggy ride will bring you all throught the Berjaya resort.
Got to see hornbills, monkeys (gibbons) and many wild birds. Thrilling for young kids , and pleasant for parents.
Would be nice if they added water slides to the pool, but there are about 3 pools, which is plenty, on 3 levels of the area. So lots of space to lounge without fighting for space. Some ppl like to leave their pool towels 'chopping' on the deck chair, and dissapear, only to reappear hours later. Dont know why they need to do this..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The resort has a lot of potentials.
Nice location, big territory, lots of wild life, good rooms with see view (some at least).
The problem is that it's being managed as regular 3 star family resort with no character - certainly not a romantic place for couples.
Positive: good dinners, nice beach, beautiful scenery, location
Negatives: motel type furniture and bedding, old towels with funny smell, not so good breakfast with lots of flies seating on uncovered fruits and salads, lots of noisy and smelly traffic throughout the resort made by shuttle buses and service people on motorbikes (it's understandable because resort is big, but still unpleasant and annoying), the most ridiculous system of beach towels distribution I've ever seen in my life.
Would not recommend for longer the few days stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vic45
ChrisNBLR, General Manager at Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort.

Thank you very much for the review after your recent stay.
It is with feedback from esteemed guests such as yourself that helps us gauge where we stand with our service delivery. We are also glad to hear that you did have a relatively pleasant stay overall.

On this occasion, please accept our sincerest apologies for falling short of expectations in a few areas. This is not the usual standards we are used to offering. I have since addressed both the towel and breakfast comments you highlighted with the Housekeeper and the F & B Manager respectively and they have personally assured me that they will implement the necessary preventive action plans so that this does not occur again.

Rest assured, we always have our guest comfort and satisfaction as our top priority.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with anything else. We look forward to be able to serve you again in future.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Kindly book your water villas 6 months in advance because we missed it!the room they gave us in the woods was awesome.The monkeys saying hi to us everyday morning was fun filled day to start!The shuttle services picks us and drops us to the hotel room every time and its fun :)The pool and the bar right on it is soo relaxing.Kindly enjoy the private beach too as you have the whole beach for your self.They have good restaurants so kindly try Thai because on its location!The breakfast is wonderful and yummy!Do take the city tours hotel provides because its worth it.I enjoyed my stay in this resort and didn't wanna go back to my place at all!Ohhh yes kindly dont worry if your flight is in the evening and you need to check out at 12.00 pm because this resort provides your room to change and freshen up for an hour. They really do understand the needs of the clients.

Room Tip: Rooms in water villa is best but need to be booked atleast 6 months in advance but rooms in hotel is...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fionadsilva
Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you are looking for a resort for comfort, great food, super hospitality, friendly and helpful staff, reasonable internet, family friendly, Berjaya is the place to be. We are most impressed with the Eco- friendly design of the property. Goan developers- please note.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheella P
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We spent 5 nights at the resort on our trip down to Australia. Check in was really smooth, and as we had booked with Flightcentre we were pleased to see that we had many extras. These included a personal check in on our arrival plus a cold drink and cold towel. We also had a room and breakfast upgrade and an early check in and later check out.
We chose a Rainforest chalet and had also requested a chalet without stairs and to be near the main building. Both of our requests were met.
The grounds are really stunning and we thoroughly enjoyed using the swimming pool and other facilities. We dined in all restaurants except the Japanese one and found that all were very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visited originally in 2007/8, and had an amazing time, we were eager to return this Christmas, but were disappointed the find standards had dropped. Staff were "relaxed" and hotel looked a bit shabby. Staff in the Boat House Bar didn't know whether they were coming or going, and certainly needed more help. The area is outstandingly beautiful and the island is charming, but we have no plans to return. It wasn't awful, just OK.

Room Tip: The rainforest chalets were good and enjoyed the sounds of forest whilst lying in bed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Berjaya Langkawi Resort.

Thank you very much for the review after your recent stay with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings experienced. Rest assured we always place our guest comfort and satisfaction as our utmost priority and will endeavour to maintain both our service delivery and our product. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback as it helps us gauge where we need to further make the needed improvements.

I have since shared your comments with the rest of the department heads and will ensure that we continue to scrutinize all aspects of our operations to ensure that we improve.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with anything else. We do look forward to be able to serve you again.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the berjaya resort after shelling out 1000 MYR per night on a over the water chalet after being sold on thier uninterrupted views of the ocean. Sadly we arrived to a chalet in a cluster of 6 chalets all of which had uninterrupted views of eachothers chalets.

First day there we had a shower and the whole bathroom flooded, so I informed the hotel reception and headed out for the day. Upon our return the room was clean and we had a cookie and thought all was well.

Next shower it all backed up again, so back to the lobby I went in person this time with photos just in case they did not understand me. After plenty of nodding I again headed out for dinner.

Next shower no improvement, this time I waltzed down to chat to the manager, and given that I was checking out the next day I was fairly annoyed at having to bath everytime I have a shower.

The manager was quick to apologise as all good managers are trained to do, but then proceeded to tell me that no complaint had been logged and unless I told them about it there was nothing they could do. I pointed out mr noddy and ms cookie and explained how much I was paying and how shocking it was to have not been fixed yet.

By this time it was 6pm the night before I checked out and I was leaving at 5am, the manager offered us a different chalet to which I responded not to bother as I would be out at 6am the next morning. I also told him not to bother sending someone to fix it as we needed to get some sleep.

We grabbed some dinner at the Chinese restaurant, which was amazing, and when we got back to the chalet there was a guy with boots off pulling a shampoo bottle out of the drain.

We had our first non bath shower for 3 days and headed to bed ready for our early rise. The manager though decided to call us to let us know all was fixed at 11pm.

Although I gave berjaya feedback outlining my displeasure, no contact or offer of reimbursement has been received.

Such a pity that this lovely Island had to be marred by this terrible establishment.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank Adrian P
ChrisNBLR, General Manager at Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from berjaya Langkawi Resort.

Thank you very much for giving us a review after your recent stay.
Firstly, on behalf of the Management, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced when you were here with us.

This is not the usual standards we are accustomed to and as a resultof this, we have failed to meet your expectations.
I have discussed this with our Maintenance Manager and he has since addressed this serious issue with his team, resulting in disciplinary action being taken aginst the staff concerned.
He has also assured me that all rectification works carried out in future will be of the highest quality by implementing stringent counter checking procedures.

Rest assured, our guest comfort and satisfaction is always our utmost priority and we will endeavour to maintain this at all times.

We do look forward to having you stay with us again to demonstrate that this was indeed a rare and unfortunate oversight on our part. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with anything else.