I always think these reviews can be very subjective. If you are looking into this complex thinking its going to be like the Maldives then look away now.
Firstly based on the price we paid for this I was very very happy. Right from the start Langkawi is so easy to enter, no queues at customs, taxi to the resort takes 20 minutes and you dont get ripped off by the cab drivers.
Upon arrival there we no queues and we made our way straight to our chalet as it was 10pm. You do have to get a shuttle to your room, so again if your the sort of person that gets very complacent about the smallest detail then you might get annoyed. The flip side to this is all of the chalets are spread far apart so the rooms are very peaceful and secluded. We opted for the Rainforest, which if we went back we would do again as they are more secluded.
The layout of the resort is also very tastefully done, it integrates extremely well with its surroundings, if you are the sort of person that like to take the environmental consideration into account.
The first day we headed straight to the marine park to do some scuba dives then headed back to the resort for happy hour :o). Happy hour in the sunken pool bar was enjoyable, cocktails were a little on the weak side, but most of the time if you prompted the bar men they would adjust the mixtures for you. We then headed for dinner out at the Thai restaurant which sits out on the water. Ambience was great, service was great and food was pretty good, again if your expecting a michelin star experience this isnt for you but the price tag justified it, I think with starters, mains, couples of beers and wines, desert and liquers it came to about $80SGD.
Last day was spent on the beach. What I love about the resort is the choice between the pool and the beach. We spent the day on the beach which was great. The staff were very attentive and were checking up on us. They had a great range of very affordable watersports.
I really couldn't make many suggestions to make this place any better apart from maybe the buffet breakfast, it wasnt really continental however it was only around $10.
I will be returning without a shadow of a doubt. This place I think would rate in my top 3 asia getaways from Singapore, part of that is due to accessibility and ease of entry to it.
Highly rated !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Splitty, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort