A really great resort, we stayed in the partial seaview room. Two double beds in the room, we simply moved the centre table at night and shifted both beds together to form a big bed, this worked better as to stop the kids rolling out of the bed. Its true the rooms are a little run down but we found them great to stay in and they didn't offend me at all.
The setting is stunning, you really feel like your in a tropical jungle with a beutiful seaview.
There are shuttle cars running around all the time which have to be picked up from the lobby or phone for from your room but if your impatient the walk from most rooms seems to be downhill to the pool and breakfast but unfortunately is uphill to go back to the room, so after your swim, you end up in a sweat once you get back to the room.
The breakfast was nice for the first few day's but didn't really change enough for my liking, considering the price we paid, we stayed eight nights.
The pool area is compact but refreshing, the beach was warmer to swim in but murky and stoney, the rocks were around it were slippery and full of sharp shells attached, so not much good for climbing on.
There really isn't any restaurants outside the hotel to walk too, so we rented a car at the airport, we organised its delivery the next day, we paid 90RM a day, the cost of a van to the hotel was approx 20RM via a voucher system on arrival, much cheaper than organising a transfer beforehand.
There is a petrol station, ATM and convience store about 8 minutes drive from the hotel, thats the main one we used, most cars have very little petrol in them, so will have to fill up straight away.
As for staff in the hotel, I would have to agree the majority of staff aren't sincere in there service, a select few are, majority are really not intertested in you, which is just how I like it personally speaking.
All in all I would definetly go back to Langkawi again, and Sheraton would still be on my list to stay at
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwestern shore of Peninsular Malaysia, an ancient group of islands collectively known as Pulau Langkawi awaits you. Our resort is nestled amidst 38 acres of spacious, lush tropical surroundings with private beach coves. Whether you crave an exciting escape or a peaceful sanctuary – you will find it in Langkawi. The resort is just a short 10-minute car ride from Langkawi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Langkawi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Hotel Langkawi
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- Langkawi Sheraton