“Beautiful stay”

Century Langkawi Beach Resort
Ranked #76 of 107 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for a honeymoon in 2011.
The place is so relaxing. Would definitely visit again just for the experience and service we received. The staff are kind and attentive. Rooms are in need of a little renovations but no complaints as they were always clean. We had a spa in ours but cant comment on that as we didn't use it.
It's right on the beach, water a little murky but very warm.
The only mishap we experienced was when hubby ate complimentary biscuits given to us as a kind honeymoon gift they were covered in ants! But its what you'd expect being in the middle of the jungle and leaving your biscuits on the bedside table over night :) it's a funny memory now.
The breakfast buffet has a lot of options and their fruit is super yummy and sweet.
Feeding the monkey was funny but watch out as they could get aggressive.
Overall lovely trip would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Rouba G,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and many thanks for staying with us.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Warm regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay at Sheraton Beach Resort this year and our 6th visit since 2008.
We continue to come back here because it is quiet and peaceful. The resort is in a natural setting with some slightly tamed jungle, there is an abundance of wildlife including two types of monkeys, squirrels, birds and the lizards which come out at night.
The staff are always friendly, the infinity pool is clean and has a swim up bar, and importantly has some shade for most of the day.
There is a lot ocean along the resort but only a small swimming area, there have been other reviews saying the water is dirty and you can't swim in it, this is not true, we have been swimming in the warm ocean water every day each time we come here, yes it's not the crystal clean water you possibly expect for a tropical island but the water is warm and pleasantly refreshing.
A special thank you to Valerie for arranging our time here and Raja for our very funny and warm welcome at our arrival. Also thank you to Kumar for all the other special things we get that makes our stay here always so perfect!
Already trying to plan when we can get back here next year!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sally P,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It was great to know that you had such an enjoyable time during your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

Many thanks for your highlights on your recent stay with us and continuous support.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Overall: Our 4 nights stay here did not meet expectations. This hotel is in dire need of a face lift from the broken pool decks to the tired, run-down bathrooms. It was not the high-quality experience that I was anticipating.

Beach: It's an over-statement to call this a beach resort. There is hardly any beach. The deck chairs are placed on a deck over-looking the ocean but the tiny beach (if you can call it that) is uninviting.

Room: As a SPG Plat member, we got upgraded to a suite. It was very spacious & clean but again in need of a renovation (particularly the bathroom).

Food: The breakfast spread was good - catering to both Asian & Western tastes. However the lack there of lunch/dinner options were disappointing. They do have 3 dining outlets but both 'Spice Traders' & 'Captains Grill' were really lacking ambiance as we were the only guests at the time. Where does everyone else dine?

Staff: The highlight of this hotel. The staff were very friendly. Felt the Chimes bar man deserves a special mention due to his exceptionally friendly and warm service!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MariaChristiana
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear MariaChristiana,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I am sorry to hear that your recent experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort was not to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you had expressed.

We value your positive comments as well as the improvement opportunities. You have my assurances that the shortfall in our property maintenance is in our priority list and we strive to make improvements to enhance the standard for better guest experience.

I am grateful for your comments on your dining experience at our Food & Beverage Venues. Our Food & Beverage Venue Manager has been made aware of this as to share with team.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Resort environment was so natural like a small Langkawi island.
Most of resort crew are so kind. The location is good to move everywhere in Langkawi. I spend a very peaceful time so I'd like to go again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Sun-jin Y,

Thank you very much for providing this review.

I am happy to hear that you found our Resort a nice place to stay and enjoyed our warm hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I remembered that I suggested my ex CEO to stay in this Hotel years back... in June 2013, for the first time I visited this resort and I was in love with the area.

Immediately I prepared my camera to shot the best water view from its lobby. Not only that this property is half resort with a very nice view and half jungle since there are lots of trees and unexpected animals such as Lutung and lizard.

The room is huge and old, very comfortable for our age. The distance to the attractions are quite decent. However we needed to hire a cab all the time to make our journey easier.

I love the breakfast that they served. And after breakfast I usually had my morning walk and brought my camera to shot the best around the property when the sun just came out from east.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear ratubdg,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and I am grateful for your highlights on our Resort’s natural setting.

Many guests were amazed with the stunning views and numerous species of wildlife found at the Resort. Flying foxes, squirrels, monkeys, and hornbills perching and resting on tree tops and in the tropical splendor that abound around the gardens of the resort. Added to these, are the infinite varieties of sparrows, mynahs, robins and doves to name a few – chirping and fleeting in and out of the trees. It’s fun watching the wildlife play.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your 22nd anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Checked in last night for 4 days for my girlfriend's birthday. First room we were checked into had a broken fan and issues with the wifi. Next morning, we were moved to a similar category room and to our utter displeasure, we are awake (as I type this) at 3am because there was a rat scaling the walls of our room.
I've been asked by the staff to wait for 15 mins before this is addressed.
I would never recommend anyone to stay in Sheraton, langkawi if this is the kind of hospitality experience they offer.
You'll get everything you see in the photos and a little bit more.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Rantsfromragz

Dear Rantsfromragz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

We do proud ourselves for our prompt and friendly service, however, I was a little disappointed that we had failed to delight a guest on this occasion. I have taken your comments on board and reviewed with my Department Heads to ensure appropriate training is provided to enhance our associates service skill for better guest experience.

With regards to the pest control issue, you have my assurances that our Executive Housekeeper has been made aware and taken necessary action to improve.

Again, many thanks for your valuable feedback as it enables us to continue monitor and make improvements for guest satisfaction. If there is an opportunity for us to restore your faith in this Resort, please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Warm regards

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have thought long and hard about writing this review as I had a problem with my stay this time. The main issue was the meal our group of 17 had at the Captain's Grill that took a good 2 hours to be served. We waited and waited whilst the chef struggled to produce a half decent meal. In the mean time other patrons who arrived later were served, ate and left. This was the final insult. (see my review of Captain's Grill)
Having said that, I lodged a complaint with Starwood Management and to their credit, we received an apology for the bad service from the Local management which they stated was not the norm. They also made further amends to the group. The "Dear Guest" note from the manager of F & B giving his feeble excuse was less than impressive .

Now back to the hotel in General.
The hotel is old and very tired. It is in need of renovations. Things have not changed since my last visit 10 years ago. The rooms are large and airy but very dark. They are situated a little way from the Reception and Dining area. They provide transfers from the rooms to the reception on request. The air-conditioner struggled to keep the tropical heat out. There is a large TV, in-room safe (that is bolted down), iron and ironing board. The mini-fridge was reasonably stocked. We also had complimentary bottled water.
The bathroom was split into 2 sections. A shower and toilet. A bathtub and sink in the other. The amenities were basic, just shampoo, soap, lotion and bath gel. I was told that toothbrush and razor were only supplied on request.
There was a kettle and some coffee and tea making packets. I had to request for extra Coffee whitener and coffee sachets as there was enough for only 2 cups a day.
Wi-Fi
Free in-room and in the general area.
Check-in
Reception struggled a bit with the check in as there were 17 of us. Some of the staff can multi-task whilst others were struggling to handle even a single booking.
Check-Out
I requested late check-out. I was given a stock answer that it was subject to availability which I can appreciate. What I did not expect was that there would be a charge of MYR30/- an hour. I was certainly annoyed as I had provided my Gold Starwood card at check in. This entitled me to free late check out. I was also informed that only certain Starwood Chains honoured that commitment!
Credits
I was able to resolve most of my issues through Valerie Ong, the Rooms Division Manager. She was very helpful in ensuring that I had late check-out without charge and in sorting out the mess with the Captain's Grill.
Raj or Uvarajah Krishnasamy, Guest Services Manager was always very helpful and supportive of all of us. He is always smiling and made sure we had restaurant bookings, an umbrella if there was rain and transfers to the rooms.
Over all the general and room service staff were all very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mikelima
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear mikelima,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It is regrettable that your experience at the Captain’s Grill did not leave you with a positive lasting impression. Please accept my apologies for the inefficient service you received and the inconvenience caused on this occasion. We have taken your comments on board and this has been addressed with our Food & Beverage Venue Manager, as to share with his team to ensure guests are not similarly disappointed in the future.

We strive to recognize our Starwood Preferred Guest members and accommodate their eligible benefits wherever possible, however the benefits may be subject to capacity control. Many thanks for reaching out to Ms. Valerie Ong, our Rooms Division Manager regarding your complaint while you was here. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the effort taken by Ms. Valerie Ong and Mr. Uvarajah respectively in resolving some of the issues raised and ensuring your needs are taken care accordingly. Please be assured that I have shared your kind comments with those concern.

Again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and kindly accept my apologies for the shortfalls you have experience. If there is an opportunity for us to restore your faith in this resort, please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Kind regards