Booked the Sheraton last minute and recieved a good rate, not cheap, but reasonable, I believe that in most circumstances you get what you pay for! Having experienced other Sheraton hotels I was not too worried about the hotel and did not really look into it before hand as I had always found then to be good hotels that are clean! You arrive at the Sheraton and it has a lovely reception area, cool and welcoming, booking in is relatively easy and the view from here out to the ocean is fabulous. Then sadly it all goes down hill. Our stay was out of season but even so the place was dirty and very tired, the grounds very overgrown and unsafe broken paths, rotted wood on bridges. Coconuts falling down all the time on walkways and in bathing areas. Dirty tables, unswept floors and I'm really sorry to say it but poo in the public toilet areas by the pool stayed there for the whole three days of our stay, all over the seat and the wall. I did mention it but nothing was done. I don't want to harp on about the place so negatively, we actually had a lovely holiday in langkawi with friendly people and a lovely part of the country the sea is warm. Watch out for the jelly fish in season and the monitor lizard lurking on the beach!! We went out every day from the hotel and had some lovely meals, but I would not stay at the Sheraton again it needs a total renovation to take this place back to what can still be seen as its former glory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwestern shore of Peninsular Malaysia, an ancient group of islands collectively known as Pulau Langkawi awaits you. Our resort is nestled amidst 38 acres of spacious, lush tropical surroundings with private beach coves. Whether you crave an exciting escape or a peaceful sanctuary – you will find it in Langkawi. The resort is just a short 10-minute car ride from Langkawi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Century Langkawi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Hotel Langkawi
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- Langkawi Sheraton