We stayed 4 nights in late April and I have to say that we were disappointed overall. Quite simply it needs significant investment in upgrading/maintenance and in a lot of cases staff training.
The pool setting is beautiful (especially in the sun) but the tiles in the pool need a bit of cleaning / replacement. Not a criticism but as an FYI if you have kids was little by way of slides/pool activities for them.
The buffet breakfast was ok but staff need to be more proactive in tea/coffee service and clearing plates. Not quite their fault, they're ok when asked but they seemed short staffed and undertrained.
Rooms were pleasingly spacious but again are looking a fraction tired in parts/finishings
The beach itself is average and the resort is poorly lit at night
The resort is ok but just can't carry the Sheraton brand and the associated cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwestern shore of Peninsular Malaysia, an ancient group of islands collectively known as Pulau Langkawi awaits you. Our resort is nestled amidst 38 acres of spacious, lush tropical surroundings with private beach coves. Whether you crave an exciting escape or a peaceful sanctuary – you will find it in Langkawi. The resort is just a short 10-minute car ride from Langkawi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Langkawi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Hotel Langkawi
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- Langkawi Sheraton