Century Langkawi Beach Resort
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$332
$103
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,464 results
All reviewscaptain's grillpool barsea viewbuffet breakfastlobby areamonitor lizardsprivate beachrented a carbeach frontcable carnice resortcenang beachmonkeysislandwildlifechaletnature
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked on the SPG website thinking it was a Sheraton and expecting it o be of a high standard. We booked two rooms, they were so old, falling apart and very chipped.
The food was very expensive at the restaurants and by the pool. This hotel needs a facelift, or start again. Very disappointed! I did send an email to them and was sent one back which was good outlining all my points but I really think the Staff can only work with what they have- not much. Would never ever book here again, it also took some shine off our holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RLJ2010_25
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear RLJ2010_25,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in this review.

Your feedback is much valued and appreciated. I am sorry to know that you were disappointed with your stay at The Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort and I have noted your comments that the rooms as well as facilities we offer needs upgrading.

Many thanks for your comments. We recognized that we have much work ahead of us and we are firmly committed to providing our guests with an exceptional experience.

I apologize for your disappointment. If I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I find this hotel should not be branded Sheraton, big disappointment, previous time we stayed at the Westin, so expected similar quality, far short of that, but in fairness it is considerably cheaper. We were with a group using 5 rooms and we all agreed that we expected more of a Sheraton.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank pogglesgrandma

Dear pogglesgrandma,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet the expectations that other Starwood properties have provided for you. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

We value our guest’s feedbacks and regularly reviews it with the team members to ensure actions have been taken to improve the shortfall areas for guest satisfaction.

Once again, I regret for not meeting your expectations and thank you very much for your comment. If there is an opportunity for us to restore your faith in this hotel in the future, please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is truly a five star hotel, check in was swift, service was great, very helpful in providing ideas of what to do. The rooms was extremely extremely clean, immaculate, very very huge rooms and very well appointed. Taxis was always available if you don't drive but we drove and i strongly recommend renting a car, either from the airport or the hotel's travel desk. However, the property is showing its age and I strongly recommend some slight refurbishments...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Adolf M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

It is nice to hear of your pleasant experience and most importantly you enjoyed our warm hospitality.

I have noted your comments on our property maintenance, rest assured this has been looked into for improvement.

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us for your holiday and your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The property is nestled in lush tropical greenery. We had a sea facing room with a beautiful view of the sea and the swimming pool. The room is spacious and comfortable with a lovely balcony which we enjoyed every night , over a bottle of wine and listening to the sound of the waves. We enjoyed walking along the wooden plank pathway along the seafront that links the hotel to the gym which also has a panoramic view of the sea as well as a quiet beach section away from the main crowd. The beach and the sea is not really crystal clear or clean so we spent more time at the pool which could get crowded with families and children. There are a few Food and Beverage outlets but the food were very average and the service is rather slow. There is also a bar, which could also get very busy during Happy Hour and the wait for your drinks could take quite some time as well. On all the nights we were there, the bar seemed to be understaffed with just one bartender preparing cocktail , serving and billing all by himself. Overall, we had a pleasant stay here. Recommended for families.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear thephotoplay,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort and sharing your pleasant experience in this review.

Every room features full-length French doors that open onto private balconies – complete with day bed – perfect for soaking up the scenery in style. I was delighted to read your highlights on our comfortable room and the Resort’s natural ambience that you enjoyed.

Thank you for your comments on our Food & Beverage service especially at Chime during Happy Hours. I appreciate your concern and rest assured, this has been looked into with our Food & Beverage Manager for improvement.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is an unusual review, because I didn't actually make it to the hotel. But I would like to alert other visitors to this hotel. I would just like to state that this is the first time I've had such a problem with a Starwood hotel, and am very, very frustrated at this point in time.

Last October, I made a reservation through the SPG website, it was an offer for 'Stay 3 nights, and Get 1 Night Free'. It clearly stated that I only need to cancel within 3 days prior to my arrival date to avoid any penalties. I was asked for my credit card (to hold the room), so I went ahead with the booking. 3 days later, Westin Langkawi had availability, so I went with Westin instead, and cancelled my booking with Sheraton (this was end of Oct, and I booked for early December).

It was until January that I was sorting through my bank statements that I realised that I was charged RM1500 for my reservation which I had already cancelled, and the charge was made on the day that I reserved the hotel. I contacted the hotel, and they promised to look into the matter. What was worrying is that by this time, the SPG site didn't have a record of this stay, and I was informed that the offer I had booked was 100% non-refundable. Fortunately, I had kept both the confirmation & cancellation emails which CLEARLY states otherwise.

Anyways, 1 month later, I chased this up, was told the refund has been processed, then 3 days later, said my email was lost (I had no idea which email they were referring to), given some screenshot detailing the "refund", but showing a transaction date October 2012 (which was when the money was taken OUT of my account), and told to contact my bank because the refund has come out of their account. I called my bank, and even my bank is confused, and the reference number given by Sheraton is not to be found on my bank's system (yet, I hope). I just feel that insufficient explanation has been given to me. In addition, I was not even supposed to have been charged this money in the first place!!!

So a warning to other travellers, keep your confirmation email from this hotel. Also, check your credit card bills! If I had not kept the email with all the Terms and Conditions, I wouldn't even have been considered for a refund. I am now IMpatiently waiting for an update from Sheraton Langkawi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mystie

Dear Mystie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Our Reservation Department has identified the error in our system and this has been resolved accordingly.

Please provide your booking details to my email – kumar.renoo@sheraton.com in order for us to investigate further on your claim.

Again, I regret for the frustration you had encountered and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Meanwhile, I look forward to hear from you again.