The Sheraton standard greatly varies from one country to another it seems... in the case of Langkawi, we have a fading resort with average bungalows which made me think of Butlins in the UK. Thin walls, you can hear all what your neighbours are doing, when they're coming in, when they're coming out, toilet flushing, people coughing etc... Not the most relaxing and quiet place.
The terraces of the bungalows at the back have no view as such, just overlook some sort of mangrove so get ready for an invasion of mosies! I fully understand critters and mosies and monkeys come with places like this but there were already so many mosies when I arrived in the room, it was disheartening! The room was stiffling hot too - you'd think they'd put the AC on when you've told them what time you're checking in so that you find a room which is cool- not the case!
it's just the lack of attention to details in this hotel: having to wait for ages for the shuttle ( I was on my own so did not feel like walking in the dark), having to repeatedly call reception "is the shuttle coming soon?", having to call reception for mosies spray etc...
It is clear the cleaning ladies leave the doors open whilst they do the rooms and this let in so many mosquitoes, you'll have to spend your night killing them. Where's the spray? none provided.
The pool area wasn't very inviting, bit crowded, loud music... I'm sure however this would be perfectly fine for some but I'm not in Malaysia for the swimming pool, more for the beach. The beach wasn't too crowded, easy to get a sunlounger- quite good actually.
Bar staff were very friendly & did some mean Pinacoladas! Easy to chat to, attentive. People at reception were generally nice and helpful, I felt for them as there were quite a few people complaining...
I don't remember eating anything that made me go "wow" but it was acceptable.
However I was stunned they have the nerve to charge nearly £5.00 ( RM24) for a bottle of mineral water in the room. Sheer greed. Or maybe it is holy water??
In a nutshell, I feel I've made a mistake booking this resort, won't be fooled by the "Sheraton" brand again and definitely not a place I'd visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northwestern shore of Peninsular Malaysia, an ancient group of islands collectively known as Pulau Langkawi awaits you. Our resort is nestled amidst 38 acres of spacious, lush tropical surroundings with private beach coves. Whether you crave an exciting escape or a peaceful sanctuary – you will find it in Langkawi. The resort is just a short 10-minute car ride from Langkawi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Century Langkawi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Hotel Langkawi
- Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
- Langkawi Sheraton